The screaming sword of DOOM! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

The screaming sword of DOOM!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and noticed that there are v few people condoning the use of the wonderful magicky gizmo that is Shaga's screaming sword. Recently I have run it on a Savage orc great shaman on wyvern with also Waaagh! paint and amulet of protectyness. I've also used it to great effect with a savage orc warboss too. Frenzy isn't so much of an issue due to the massive charge range, and the number of attacks that can be pumped out is phenomenal.
    In a battle vs. Brets recently in 2k points I charged a fully tooled up knight lance with it, including 4 characters! 6A at s8 is not to be sniffed at, esp. when my shaman can cast the reroll misses spell more easily and gains an effective cc save of 2+, 5+. Challenge, chop, lucky break roll and byebye to many points of prepackaged ponce.

However, its in REALLY big games that this item earns its salt. This time using a warboss with it in a humungous participation battle at my local GW I managed to get a massive 16:party2: s10 attacks. Now tell me thats not worth 50 points!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I think the problem with it is that at 50pts it is inconsistent.

Most people won't put that many characters in one unit or even in 12 inches of each other.

Another point is that unit chapions are not characters. I know there has been at least 2 opponets that I have had to show them in the BRB where it states that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I agree that in games of <2k points it can be inconsistent, but often people put general/bsb in the same unit, or close together to get the full effect, the screaming sword is then either boosted due to the presence of these characters or splits them up so the opponent is negating you as much of this bonus as possible but reacting to your plan rather than following their own- making their own army weaker! This spreads the forces thinner, therefore easier to win for the orcs. Lovely!

(p.s. the 16 s10 attacks wasn't including champions, there were just that many lords/heroes within the range. The game was THAT big) _CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have used that weapon once, and it won the game. my character had maad's map (yes he hid in a forest and ran charging towards the closest enemy like a raving loony), and got 8 s8 attacks, with 3 characters in range. this was 2k points and the characters were in one large unit. the character smashed half the unit and then got mulched as he ran away from combat res (2 round of combat was enough). awesome combo, BO lord with screaming sword, maad's map, and Guzzla's battle brew (my friend and i decided to ignore the limit to the number of magic items from each set we could have (house rule)).

+ Reply to Thread