Why have an orc warboss on wyvern when you can have Azhag?!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why have an orc warboss on wyvern when you can have Azhag?!!

I've made an Orc warboss build as similar as possible to Azhag and was shocked by the outcome:

Orc warboss
    light armour
    shield
    Ulag's akrit axe
    Bigged's kicking boots
    Warboss Umm's best boss 'at
    Wyvern

=411pts

Azhag the slaughterer

=450pts

Advantages of Orc warboss:

1) +1 strength in first round of combat
    2) 39pts less
    3) No stupidity

Advantages of Azhag

1) +1 weapon skill
    2) Re-roll animosity tests for all units within 6"
    3) Level 2 death wizard

Is it not crystal clear what the better choice is???!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Except Azhag is a Special Character, and hence should not be used on principle

39pts for a Lv2 wizard, that alone is more then worth it. Hence my disliking of these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Except Azhag is a Special Character, and hence should not be used on principle

39pts for a Lv2 wizard, that alone is more then worth it. Hence my disliking of these guys.
    Oh come on Phoenix general I agree but some armies need their special characters in particular Night Goblin armies we need Skarsnik for that awesome LD8!!!

Azhag is pretty awesome and as usual with all special characters seem to be a "bang for your bucks"....I find though that you should always have a valid reason to take one and theme armies on those characters...

I think I am sick of seeing High elf armies with a lot of special characters and no real reason for it.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieth View Post
    I think I am sick of seeing High elf armies with a lot of special characters and no real reason for it.
    Haha, yep this is where my main issue is. The fact HE (and VC) can now have armies with 1 Lord and 3 Heroes, all special Characters, means that a 2K army of say HE is actually worth closer to 2.5K, hence unbalancing and biasing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't consider Azhag to the over powered or beardy in the slightest. He's just very good for his points. I wouldn't for instance take him against shooty armies like dwarves or empire.

What theme would Azhag fit in though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by blutac View Post
    What theme would Azhag fit in though?
    He goes well with a good Cheddar.. (Kidding! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, since no one's replied.........screw fluff. Azhag is just what I need against vampire counts - fast, combat monster, hard to kill, magic caster with a twist. Besides, no one can really say anything to me about powergaming, beardiness, blahblahblah considering I play against maxed out VC magic armies with manfred :p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally off original topic but why have Azhag when you can have Gorbad? =P idk i always liked his leadership radius and big Un rules, Azhag is a big green flying troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded3k View Post
    totally off original topic but why have Azhag when you can have Gorbad? =P idk i always liked his leadership radius and big Un rules, Azhag is a big green flying troll
    Must admit that I always would overlook Gorbad... 2 reasons for that... 1, if he takes a wound then you are looking at a general who can only use his LD within 6"...

On top of that his weapon isn't the best and yet as a trophy on a sheild he had a runefang! which is better then his own choppa.

also if you want to pay that sort of points you would be better going for an extra 65 and taking Grimgor who has a better armour save, a bad weapon to boot.

But I prefer to avoid special characters... I find that the only one that I look at is Skarsnik as my army is themed around him because like Phoenix I find that special characters can unbalance the game. When you look at a character like Skarsnik I find that he doesn't seem too bad and overpowering...

On Azhag.. just do it... or just use him if you know that your opponent is going to be using a bucket of characters.

Come to think of it... what is it with O&G all these new lists are getting hero and lord special characters and we only get lord special characters??? Now I am thinking about it, it seems that the Hero special characters are what makes up the cheese...
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The idea that Azhag is unbalanced is based on the notion that the regular warboss on a wyvern is a fundamentally balanced/well designed/sound decision. The reality is that selection is so incredibly bad (both overpriced in pts and (in my opinion) tactically unsound) on its own merits as to be commical, whether Azhag existed as an alternative or not =).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast