dilema about my 2k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

dilema about my 2k list

I have a 2k list currently in the army list section. For the same monetary and points costs (close enough anyway), I have 3 options. The current configuration is an extra unit of Addtl choppa boyz (20). or I can make 1 20 man orc unit big uns, and pick up 2 spear chukkas. Or I can make 1 unit of orcs big uns, and pick up 2 squig herds. Let me know your thoughts. My main opponent is lizardmen. He will run either a slann or a salamander, he's not sure at this time. thanks again

secondarily, do squig herds count as skirmishers? I read their rules and am a little confused on how they work. if I buy 2 5 man teams, do they run together ranked up, together as skirmishers, or do they count as 2 seperate special choices? thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

35 (x2)

Unfortunately I don't have my book on me at the moment althoug I am pretty sure that squig herds form into a unit as such and are not skirmishers.

Now with those options that you were talking about. Hmmm... its all a matter of taste I think although looking at your list I don't think that the sqig herds would be the best thing to add to the list.

That said it narrows it down to 2 options... I personally would keep the standard orcs over the big uns' the extra point to upgrade orcs to big uns' could be used better elsewhere.

I am not sure about the spear chukkas in your list and it might be worth throwing in a rock lobba... I think I have a preference to these rather than spear chukkas as I love guess range war machines... at least the template will hit something but if you roll a miss on the "to hit" roll on spear chukkas that's it.

Looking at our list it wouldn't hurt to have that extra war machine or two...

That is just how I am feeling. Hope it helps you in some way.

There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

+ Reply to Thread