gob wolf riders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gob wolf riders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gob wolf riders

I have 6 painted wolf riders with spears and shields already and I am building 11 more should they be equipped same or should i mix it up with hand weapons or bows? just lookin for some outside input.

i generally play against chaos, brett, and the Chumpire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Depending upon enemy, I would opt for the appropriate tooling. Against fear causers and heavy cavalry, I wouldn't worry about combat prowess - its a rare day gobbos pass leadership checks! However, giving them bows means that fear/terror is not an issue if you stay out of charge arcs (which cvalry can do) and then you can rush across the rear of units to charge, if you really must.

Against Empire, spears are great against light troops such as Huntsmen and handgunners, as a properly ranked wolf rider unit packs a good punch against T3 enemy troops with no armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on your enemy's comprehension of the rule "what thou see is what thou get"
    I normally play against friends and I've never played in a tournament. I think if you play in a tournament you should equip your soldiers with the weapons and armour represented on the mini.

On the other hand, I dislike to have two orks/gobs with the same appearance in a unit. This is why I have old 4th, 5th, and 6th edition models allong with some new 7th edition minis. In the case of modular models I do a mixture of equipment. When I build up a roster with ArmyBuilder I decide then which weapons they take and print my list so I can remember what is their equipment for that specific battle.

Again, what I think is you can't be too restrictive with this rule cuz then better not play. The whole thing about WH is to have fun building, painting and playing. But of course you cant use a snotling base to represent a dragon that's common sense!!
    Last edited by novitaun; September 18th, 2008 at 10:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should have them with spears. I dont think they come with hand weapons do they? Anyway, on my wolfriders i plan on making them spearmen and just putting quivers on their back incase i want to count them as having bows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the input guys and yea they dont come with hand weapons so i just went with 5 guys with spears and 5 guys with bows, i'll just have a unit of like 11 with spears and 5 or so (got some bosses on wolves too) with bows. funny i been playing since '95-96 and never used the gob wolf riders

+ Reply to Thread