Orc Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orc Characters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Orc Characters

How fun is it to use Special Characters mainly Wurrzhag and Gorbad? Im curious as I am thinking of using them but want to know if its gonna be fun spending the money on them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Another question this regarding magic items for goblins/night goblins. Are Night goblins bosses allowed to use magic weapons listed as goblins only? or is that a no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Ok another thing give me a couple really good anti magic orc/goblin/night goblin shamans. Im just looking for them to hold off the enemies magic a bit, im not looking for them to sling too much magic back as im not much of a magic fan. Or should I just add warrior heroes and take dispel scrolls, though it seems expensive and useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilddragon View Post
    How fun is it to use Special Characters mainly Wurrzhag and Gorbad? Im curious as I am thinking of using them but want to know if its gonna be fun spending the money on them.
    Not used them so far, though i`m thinking of using Skarsnik.

Another question this regarding magic items for goblins/night goblins. Are Night goblins bosses allowed to use magic weapons listed as goblins only? or is that a no.
    The way i see it is that Night goblins are still goblins, and this is comfirmed in my opinion by it saying, in second paragraph p42 under `Shiny Stuff`, "Where this says `Orcs` or `Goblins` it includes all types of Orcs or all types of Goblins respectively".

Ok another thing give me a couple really good anti magic orc/goblin/night goblin shamans. Im just looking for them to hold off the enemies magic a bit, im not looking for them to sling too much magic back as im not much of a magic fan. Or should I just add warrior heroes and take dispel scrolls, though it seems expensive and useless.
    If all you want from shamans is anti-magic i say youre missing out on part of the fun. You can have a Goblin shaman with Staff of Sneaky stealin`, any type of shaman with Dispel Scrolls and you could give an Orc unit Mork`s Spirit Totem.

Me i believe that Offense is the best defense, so id take multiple magic users and have fun trying to kill off whatever magic users he has etc.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Actually it is very usefull I like armies that close into combat and get real bluddy, im not a fan of magic, or archers so much though I do have an empire army that is 6000 pts and has a bit of both of them things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love magic, used to have a Tzeencth based mortal army, 2000 points and every character was a wizard, with multiple tzeentch units giving extra power dice. Before that i was Dwarfs and liked shooting. lol

If i wanted an army mainly for combat i would go chaos, some form of khorne army. I mean i dont want to turn you away from Orcs and Goblins, but i think thier appeal is fun and part of that fun is thier magic.
    Last edited by xanaq; October 14th, 2008 at 00:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I have to agree with xanaq, magic is a part of the fun of O+G, it synergises with the rest of the list and augments their strengths as well as covering up any weaknesses.

Having said that, give a BSB the banner of gaining dispel dice and you're well set. take a scroll caddy too and you don't need too much else. Tis a waste though...

Special characterwise, I tend only to use Skarsnik and Grimgor, these are by far the best point for point. I can't see the appeal in Gorbad, and Wurrzag is no longer available.

Yes, NGs can use goblin only items. If it was common gobbo only it would say common gobbos only, in much the same way as MMs are NGs only.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I just like the way Gorbad and Wurrzhag look lol, im a bit of tool when I make my armies I look really for only blocking magic enough for me to close and the rest I base on cool models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    Having said that, give a BSB the banner of gaining dispel dice and you're well set. take a scroll caddy too and you don't need too much else. Tis a waste though...
    Already said all that about anti-magic, the banner youre talking about is Mork`s Spirit Totem which i mentioned. Also it doesnt have to be on a BSB, since its only 50 points and a unit of Orc Big `Uns or Black Orcs could have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xanaq View Post
    Already said all that about anti-magic, the banner youre talking about is Mork`s Spirit Totem which i mentioned. Also it doesnt have to be on a BSB, since its only 50 points and a unit of Orc Big `Uns or Black Orcs could have it.
    True. However, I would take a BSB for it as the BSB is more flexible in terms of switching units. eg. if unit a has the totem, then if it gets shot you're losing DD, but if a BSB is in unit a with it, then once unit a has taken some damage, he can switch to unit b. He can also join gobbo units if you need him to, which is also a handy way of boosting the lil' fellas' Ld.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast