Spider rider army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spider rider army

Would a spider rider based army work?

Im buying one soon and it seems quite a cool idea but i've never played gobbos before. What do the experts think?

i also have skull pass so i'll be able to use that in it i suppose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends what else the army has. Only problem i see with spiders riders is that, unlike wolf riders, they have no option of not being fast cavalry, so no option of having ranks, and they move slower too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to use Black orcs with them and some normal night or normal goblins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 25 spider riders that i use most games. they always hit an enemy unit then flee by losing combat then rally and turn to face the enemy after the enemy has pursued through the fanatics flying from my NG units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 sounds like a lot, how many points are the games you play 25 in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I generally can't find much use for SRs, you could do a forest gobbo theme though, I saw one one in a WD a while back (for the Lustria campaign I think it was) when common gobbos were converted slightly to look more feral, and were given warpaint etc. I also saw a similar list at a tournament where a guy used NG rules for his FGs, and had some really nicely converted fanatics!

However, a pure fast cav force would be tricky to play with, but I commend you for having the guts to give it a go, and would encourage you to at least try it out!

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    I generally can't find much use for SRs, you could do a forest gobbo theme though, I saw one one in a WD a while back (for the Lustria campaign I think it was) when common gobbos were converted slightly to look more feral, and were given warpaint etc. I also saw a similar list at a tournament where a guy used NG rules for his FGs, and had some really nicely converted fanatics!

However, a pure fast cav force would be tricky to play with, but I commend you for having the guts to give it a go, and would encourage you to at least try it out!
    This guy's site is greeeeeaatt:
    (If i can be arsed to write gobbo articles i'll refer here alot, it's 95% right on)

Avian - Forest Goblins

Edit - That's a link to a forest gobbo army builder BTW (It's unofficial but looks fun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a little update on my army so far. I've got the stuff and it is:

Warboss on Gigantic spider
    Shamen on a spider chariot
    Giant
    30 Spider riders

I also have some black orcs and some night goblins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play 25 in 2k - 4k games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i played my first game today against a new warriors of chaos army.

Chaos:

Exalted hero
    Festus the lichlord
    10 warrriors, tzeentch
    10 warriors, nurgle
    5 Knights

i had:

Goblin big boss, best basha, amulet of protectyness,gigantic spider
    Gobin Shamen, chariot, itty ring
    3 units of 10 riders
    Giant

It was a fairly even game but for some bad ones on animosaty at cruicial times, however i dont think i could have won. I don't feel i have enough armour penetration to take on the 2+ save of chaos (nor there magic!). To be honest they just outclassed me. The giant did the best, jumping up and down on his knights, and then squishing my spider riders when he fell over. The big boss took out the lich lord fairly easily and just took the exalted before being multi charged by 2 units of warriors.

I think i need something a bit stronger, maybe squigs, or fanatics, or both! I am considering on getting a unit of black orcs and a big boss. What do you think? I have 2 units of 20 night goblins. However i want to keep as close to my spider thing as possible. One thing though that i have learned from my first game with orcs and goblins is that they are really fun and so unpredictable, and i like them!

I am thinking of turning this into some thing where i build up my army and add to it untill i get to a certain amount of points where i have a big army. If i do i will be doing it in the painting project forum.

Geejo
    Last edited by Geejo; November 15th, 2008 at 23:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast