2250 Magic heavy Orc and Goblin list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Magic heavy Orc and Goblin list

This is a highly offensive army with a fair amount of shooting and magic, but also some close combat units and large blocks. I really like the list but I haven't used it much, so here it is:

Orc Great Shaman-315
    Level 4, Idol or Mork, 2 Dispel Scrolls
    (in first unit of Boyz)

Orc Big Boss-147
    Battle Standard Bearer, Mork's Spirit Totem, Light Armour
    (in second unit of Boyz)

Orc Shaman-150
    Level 2, Horn of Urgok, Waaagh! paint
    (in second unit of Boyz)

Night Goblin Shaman-135
    Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
    (in Night Goblin block with shields)

29 Orc Boys-204
    Shields, Full Command
    (6x5)

28 Orc Boys-198
    Shields, Full Command
    (6x5)

35 Night Goblins-210
    Netters, Shields, Hand Weapons, 2 fanatics
    (6x6)

25 Night Goblins-79
    Bows, Musician
    (5x5)

5 Spider riders-76
    Bows, Shields, Spears, Musician

5 Spider riders-76
    Bows, Shields, Spears, Musician

5 Wolf riders-76
    Bows, , Spears, Musician

5 Wolf riders-76
    Bows, Spears, Musician

4 Squig Herds-??
    (6x3 with 2 at the back)

10 Squig Hoppers-??

Orc Boar Chariot-??

Doom Diver-??

Total comes to: 2242 points

Models: about 180, didn't count exactly
    Power Dice:10+[0-3](depending on Orc units in combat)
    Dispel Dice:6+1+3(rank bonus)
    Scrolls:2

So the tactics are to keep the army hanging back (mostly) and to send the 4 units of fast cavalry straight into the enemy's flank, then use the special units to hurt in CC. The Orc Boyz and Goblins will not usually be charging, but they should be alright receiving charges with their characters, netters and fanatics. Basically shoot and cast them to bits!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errrr. I cannot see the stratagy you have listed doing well. Our magic is decent but can be out done by other races shooting/magic. Your fast calvary will be slaughtered easily and provide anoyence value only. My suggestion is march forward with your whole army and pwn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id prefer an Orc Warboss as a general, not an Orc Great Shaman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replies, as I realised I posted this in the wrong place.
    Yes, I am sorry about the bad tactics, I was really rushed for time.
    I played against wood elves a few day ago, and it was a massacre!

He had a lot of fast cavalry too, and i just sent in mine to intercept him. Surprisingly, when I charged him, I actually seemed to have the upper hand (he forgot to stand and shoot). I really like playing lots of fast cavalry, no matter how crappy and squashy they are. I think the game only lasted 3 turns, and i dominated all the magic phases. I took out is treeman ancient in turn one with gork's warpath causing him some problems. The spear chukka's preformed well considering how cheap they are. I decided not to "sit back" with my core infantry. I waaaghed! on turn 2 which got me into combat early.

Overall, I was happy with how this list preformed, it seems to have a bit of everything; speed, numbers, shooting, magic and the ability to preform well in close combat. I'm sure I will be testing this out soon against other opponents, probably High Elves, Vampires and Skaven.

As for taking a Orc Boss as a General, It will seriously cut down my casting abilities (this army relies on magic), and the Leadership is not so much of a problem with horn of urgok putting me up to leadership 9. Anyway, my most expensive unit is night goblins (not including characters) so even if they flee its just over 200 points, and not causing panic in orcs (who are cheaper anyway)

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to consider using one of your Orc Boyz as Big Un's for pure smash value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, using so much Greenskin Magic will not hold up to say a Lizard Men army that is Heavy Magic. I played a 3000 pt game against this army. I stayed in the game for because of dispel scrolls and Morks Spirit Totem. I was able to dispel 90% of the magic.

Greenskins are a Bash Em' army. If you really want to play the magic end, try Skarsnik as your General. Pure bang for the buck.

Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but greenskin magic can also help units out in combat, for example waaagh! spell sending every units 2D6" toward the enemy, or bash em ladz giving strike first and hatred for a turn. The nice things about this army, as most of it is quite cheap, even without magic they can still do quite well. They also have good shooting and combat potential, so in my opinion its really quite a balanced list, just heavier on magic than usual.

Sure it isn't going to out-cast lizardmen or vampires and its not going to out-shoot dwarfs, but it is not a "pure" list, and can still do well at other stuff.

Big un's are cool but for me a little pointless. Orcs should win on combat res, as with t4 and a 4+ save in CB are hard to get rid of, so i dont want much killyness. That is why i have squigs

Thanks for the replies, some advice taken on-board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I agree with greenguy in that our magic when used right can really compliment a combat heavy army. I tend to use a GShaman with the screaming sword as my general, so getting stuck in isn't a problem. The bits of damage on the way in are useful too. It then gives a degree of flexibility as you can sit back vs. other combat armies for a turn or 2 and countercharge or fly across the board at gunlines.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about using our magic against (for instance) a lizardman army? I usually go with a lot of dispel scrolls since they dispel mine quickly. Am I doing something wrong. I end up going for killyness. WAAAGH!!!!

+ Reply to Thread