Help deciding: Black Orcs / Regular Orcs / Other - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help deciding: Black Orcs / Regular Orcs / Other

Good day friends,

As I have posted before, I've just started a O&G army, and our WHFB community is still on it's first steps so the armies are really not that big. We're currently playing 750 - 1000 points games.

I have the opportunity (Christmas) to buy something extra for my army. I can't really spend too much money, and I'm looking for advice on what to buy. My budget is around US$ 55, and I'm looking for the best "bang-for-your-buck"

I'll use the official prices from the US Games Workshop website as a reference.

I'm thinking in this options:

- 2 Black Orc regiments. US$ 50.oo 20 models total
    - 1 Orc Boyz regiment + 1 G. Spear Chukka. US$ 52.oo 23 models total (inc. warmachine)
    - 1 Orc Boyz regiment + 1 Black Orc regiment. US$ 60.oo (a bit over-budget) 29 models total.

What do you think ? I looked at the Savage Orcs too (US$ 40.00 ) but I think I'll need at least 20+ of the guys to make a difference, and I'm definitely not ready to spend over eighty bucks right now... Or are the 10 guys worth it ?

Please, I could really use your advice as how to spend the hard earned holiday cash . Thank you very much for your answers.

Regards.

Last edited by Lord_Viper; December 19th, 2008 at 15:28. Reason: misplaced emoticon
    "Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say to buy the black orc regiment, test them out and then either buy another one, or buy a boyz regiment depending on whether you like the idea of using black orcs or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt use black orcs i have like atleast 200 battles under my belt and i find them usless because big'uns do the very same thing.
    What do you call a lasgun with a lazer scope?
    a twin linked lasgun.... HA haha haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Yeah, get a boyz unit for now to use as big uns. If you use them and like them, get black orcs. Spear chukkas are useful, but it depends what type of army you want.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread