Librarium Online Forums banner

Brand new player army list

618 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SkullzBass 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. I just started Warhammer about a week ago and became interested in playing Orcs and Goblins so I picked up BfSP for the Night Goblins. I played a quick game against my brother who plays Vampire Counts, and proceeded to have almost every unit break and run off the edge of the board.

I decided to plan out what I will put into my army eventually and was hoping that a more experienced O&G player could help critique it. I literally know next to nothing so any and all help would be appreciated. The only thing I really am looking for in this army is a decent enough leadership to avoid breaking off the edge of the board. I made a 1000 and a 2000 point list so I can play a few games while working on a bigger army.

Thank you!

1000 (2+ core, 0-3 Special, 0-1 Rare, 3 Heroes Max)

Black Orc Big Boss (General) 157 pts. total
-Heavy Armor
-Shield
-Basha’s Bloodaxe
-Boar

Orc Shaman 65 pts - 150 pts.
-Level 2
-Staff of Sneaky Stealin’

2 Goblin Spear Chukka 80 pts.
-Orc Bully

Savage Orc Boar Boyz x5 -195 pts.
-Big ‘Uns
- Gork’s WAAAGH! Banner

Orc Boyz x20 – 170
-Shields
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Night Goblins x40 - 171
-Nets
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Night Goblin Fanatics x3

Total points 998 points.

2000 (3+ core, 0-4 Special, 0-2 Rare, 1 Lord 3 Heroes Max)

Black Orc War Boss – (278 Pts)
-Heavy Armor
-Shield
-Boar
-Warboss Ironclaw’s WAAAGH! Cleava

Orc Shaman 150 pts.
-Level 2
-Staff of Sneaky Stealin’

Night Goblin Shaman- (135 pts)
-Level 2
-Magic Mushrooms x5

2 Goblin Spear Chukka 80 pts.
-Orc Bully

Orc Boyz x60 – 435
-Shields
-Standard Bearer
-Boss
-Musician x3 (Would it be better to have 5 more Night Goblins? How useful are musicians?)

Savage Orc Boar Boyz x5 -195 pts.
-Big ‘Uns
- Gork’s WAAAGH! Banner

Black Orcs x20 312 pts
-Shield
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Night Goblins x60 (257 pts)
-Spears
-Nets
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Night Goblin Fanatics x3.

Troll x3 (120 pts)

Giant

Goblin Spider Riders x10 (164 pts)
-Bows
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Savage Orc Boyz x10 (125 pts)
-Additional Choppa
-Standard Bearer
-Boss

Total - 1999 points

Again, any and all help will be useful.

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to LO. First up- its against the forum rules to post individual points costs for items as this is a breach of GW's copyright. It is acceptable to go:
Black Orc Big Boss (General) – 157 pts. total
-Heavy Armor
-Shield
-Basha’s Bloodaxe
-Boar

Full R+Rs here: Librarium Online - Rules

You can edit the values out by clicking on the left button at the bottom right hand side of your post.

As for the armies:
1000- not sure if the general can have that weapon if he's on a boar- will have to check that as I don't have my book on me.
The rest looks ok, I'd split the gobbos and drop the savage orc boar boyz for some more foot troops. At the moment you don't have enough blocks i case of animosity. Black orcs are good for this.

2000- Replace 3 of the MMs on the NG shaman with a dispel scroll.
Split the spider riders and remove their standard, also split the NGs into 2 units of 30. Besides that it looks a fun army to play with. Nice to have you around.

#3 ·
Thank you for the help, I removed the point costs and I do apoligize for that.

You are correct too, the general for the 1000 point army cannot use the Bloodaxe. It's for Orcs on foot only. That answers my other question of how stupid it is to give your general frenzy. How would Martog's Best Basha and Bigged's Kicken Boots work instead?

#4 ·
Don't worry, you aren't the first to do it and you won't be the last.

I don't like the best basha with black orcs, I prefer some of the other weapons. I like using the screaming sword, but at less than 1000 points its less worth taking. You could always go for Porko's pigstikka?

#5 ·
I have another more general question if you don't mind. Not exactly about O&G though.

How accepted are "substitute" models when playing? I don't mean anything too far-fetched, but for example would it be accepted if I use the same model for a Black Orc Big Boss as a Black Orc Warboss even though they sell seperate models for both? I have a unit of 10 spider riders, to break them into 2 units with a boss in each, could I substitute the standard bearer as a boss model? Are substitutes like that alright?

Also, how useful is it to use musicians? I'm not exactly sure what they do yet so I haven't decided if I should include them or not.

Any advice would helpful. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.