Mob rule in fantasy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mob rule in fantasy

I am sick of watching my orcises run from the slightest thing that goes boo to them in combat.
    The number of times my orc heavy army runs from combat is disappointley high, I believe that the orc's should have something similar to the 40K mob rule. I think they should take an unmodifable leadership test on 10 if they have lost combat and still number more than 10 models. Orc's love a good scrap and that should be represented by the fact they will stay in a fight so long as they have lads around them.
    If the orc numbers dwindle below 10 they take the modifiers as usual as there courage dwindles as their mates meet grizzly ends.
    I'm open to suggestions what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you basically want them to be Immune to Fear and Terror, be Stubborn, and have LD 10 if their Unit Strength is 10+?

That'd make them prohibitively expensive. Especially when people start taking them in units 30+ strong just so they won't drop below 10 models.

The best thing I can say is to give them +1 LD if they number 10-15+ models (20-30+ for goblins). With a Warboss, that makes them LD10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Yea h I think 15+ you get +1 leadership and 25 + you get+ 1 and stubborn

Call it the we have more of da boyz so der ha( I have most penguins)
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're all missing the point, orcs are tough troops, with some deficiencies like animosity, and they are cheap. They have average leadership, who cares?

I think the issue is you're not using your powerful troops and great numbers to do their jobs. This is a game of strategy, if you're taking leadership tests it's because you've already lost.

Also when is a unit of Orcs ever going to be below 10-15 models? Most blocks of infantry die between 15-20 because they lost combat and got run over. Any sort of Mob rule in fantasy would be broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ready4anything View Post
    I think you're all missing the point, orcs are tough troops, with some deficiencies like animosity, and they are cheap. They have average leadership, who cares?

I think the issue is you're not using your powerful troops and great numbers to do their jobs. This is a game of strategy, if you're taking leadership tests it's because you've already lost.

Also when is a unit of Orcs ever going to be below 10-15 models? Most blocks of infantry die between 15-20 because they lost combat and got run over. Any sort of Mob rule in fantasy would be broken.
    I'm not missing the point at all, which is why I stated the first part of my post the way I did.

I'm perfectly happy with my Orcs (I play Goblins which are noticably weaker than Orcs as far as LD is concerned) as they are, and if Mob Rule were implemented, I gave my opinion on how it would best be implemented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Here's a cool link if you want to work on a House Rule like that.

My advice is to also bear in mind that games also have to be fair, so I'd consider putting in a rule for the opponents as well, like, say, one to represent the fact that they get pushed beyond despair, and so have just decided to keep fighting, or whatever. Rules are also at their best when kept remarkably simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why you use the Black Orc Warboss for the Ld9 bubble.

Simple fact is that the O&G book isnt that great and we suffer alot now due to more Fear and Terror causers in new armies and the severe lack of ItP in the O&G army.

Though not such a bad idea, I think some sort of special rule / Non-named Hero or Lord / Special Item be available to increase their ldship. I would think that perhaps a unit the warboss is in be ItP because he "Stiffens da boyz spines" so to speak.

Either way its all just wish listing, new O&G book is along way off.

+ Reply to Thread