ok so quick question about magic defense... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so quick question about magic defense...

I have a black orc bsb with the spirit totem giving me 5 dispell dice a turn (with a few units he can move to if he needs. Then i have a lvl 1 goblin shaman which puts me up to 6 dispell dice.

Now my only tough thing to decide is wether the staff of sneaky stealing or 2 dispell scrolls would be better. I know it is situational, against VC extra dispell dice and minus one of there power dice is huge, where as against slaan or dark elves sometimes they can cast spells at such a high level you would need 5+ dice just to stop it.

What are some of this groups thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your other hero/s ?
    NG shamans are cheap enough to take two of if you have a spare hero slot. " dispel scrolls + staff of sneaky stealing would be great =]
    if not, i think id go scroll caddy then

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

Scrolls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a black orc warboss and a night goblin big boss with great weapon and amulet of protectyness (allows you an opponents armor and ward save) any one who hasn't tried it should, he's ridiculously cheap for 3 strength 6 attacks and can challenge lord level characters and stop a lot of their attacks .... this greatly increases the survivability of your night goblin units.

I guess I can try running the scrolls, I do enjoying lowering an opponents casting dice while having 7 dispell myself...i have found that dark elves are a problem though as they can throw soooo many power dice.
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; March 24th, 2009 at 06:42. Reason: I like capitals. -AFG//

+ Reply to Thread