Some Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Questions

1. Can Night Goblin or Savage Orc Shamans cast while in close combat?

2. If a unit charges a unit of my night goblins, and theres a fanatic sitting out nearby, and the process of making the charging unit adjust so the most models are in close combat would cause him to settle over the fanatic, does the charing unit still adjust in that way?
    ----------
    Oh, and can Mork Wants ya be casted on an enemy monster such as a Lizardman Ancient Stegadon,

Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    If I'm Schizophrenic
    Then I am too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

1 - Yes, but depends on the spell. Remember that while in close combat your shaman wont really have line of sight to anything other than the unit he's engaged with, so any spell requiring LoS is rather limited. Magic missiles are also out of the picture, I'm fairly certain.

2 - I would think so, but I'm not totally sure. Never actually run into this situation.

3 - Mork Wants Ya only stipulates that it be cast on a single enemy model, so yes you could cast it on a stegadon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

To answer 2, yes! Its a nasty tactic I like to use to dissuade people from smashing my poor lil gobbos.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and say a stone throw shoots at the Ancient Stegadon with a skink priest riding on top and the center of the circle lands over the priest.

Would the stegadon be hit at str 8 or the priest? Or would it be randomized?
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    If I'm Schizophrenic
    Then I am too!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Randomised.

With the fanatic- say you are charged by an enemy over 8" away and you release the fanantics when they reach 8". Say, in this case, there is only 1 fanatic and you roll low and it moves only 2-3". The enemy must continue their charge (unlucky) andwill probably end up positioned over the top of the fanatic. I believe in this case you use the rules for 'finishing move on top of fanatic' (or whatever the phrase is), take hits and then remove the fanatic. I don't think the hits will count for CR.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread