I need some help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some help...

so most of my army list is pretty set in stone, and I've already started buying some of the models for it, but it's recently been pointed out to me that my list is illegal. It's a 2250 list that has 5 special choices right now =/. So, now I'm in the unfortunate position of having to cut something.

Please help me decide!

I can either have 2 chariots, or 1 chariot plus a unit of squig hoppers. It seems to me that the chariot is probably a more reliable bet, but I'm not sure.

I also have the question of what to do with the extra points, whichever one I cut. My list has no shooting at all (it's a CC themed list), so I was thinking either 2 pump wagons, or beef up my unit Savage Orc Boyz. My problem here is I already have 2 pump wagons in my list, so I don't know if 4 would be overkill or what, and I'm not sure how useful 3-4 extra boar boyz would be.

So to summarize, I have two questions:
    1. Do I drop a chariot, or the squig hoppers

and

2. Do I use the extra points to buy more pump wagons, or beef up existing units?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

What exactly do you have in your army? Without knowing the exact composition its difficult to say either way. eg. do you have 5 or 10 or 243 boar boyz? If you have 5 then I'd say beef them up. 10 is probably very top end of how many you want, 243 is overkill.

If you can give us more detail it would help uis to help you better.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

I'd go the pump-wagons over savage orc boys. Will an extra rank or two help that much? It's usually the frenzy and T4 that wins them fights. 4 pump-wagons however... You can rely on them to arrive at a more appropriate time and they are actually quite threatening so will draw fire from your more fighty units. Plus you get to say Charge!! in a squeaky comedy voice.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

TPM raises a good point, and dropping the chariot for 2 SPWs seems a fair trade off.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, without posting the details of my whole list, the following units should give you an idea of the flavor of this army:
    3 Black Orc Lords/Heroes
    1 shaman
    25 Boyz, Savage Boyz, and Black Orcs
    5 light cav
    2 chariots
    5 savage orc boyz
    5 hoppers
    2 pump wagons

So the prospect of 4 pump wagons sounds pretty good? I don't have any objections to the idea, I think they're fun as hell lol. I just want to make sure it's a viable army build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had much luck with squig hoppers, and I play an all goblin army so I would opt for the pump wagons or a chariot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squig Hoppers are one of the best units available to O+G. They're our only skirmishers, S5 with 2 attacks, and they're immune to psych. Also because of their unique movement rules you can do some *awesome* things with them, such as -

1) Charge through terrain unhindered and without LoS.

2) Charge flanks from the frontal arc of a unit (just declare you're moving towards the
    flank and if you hit it its a flank charge)

Also being immune to psych they don't take panic tests for shooting casualties which is important because they are very easy to kill. Take em in units of 10 and run wild.

+ Reply to Thread