Is this as ridiculous as I hope it is? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Is this as ridiculous as I hope it is?

The goblin spell "Gork'll fix it" causes all of your opponents 6's to be rolled as 1's, which is pretty sick to start. Then the spiteful shield becomes a 1/3 of all swings on you fail and cause a str 5 hit to the face, reducing armor by 2 as per all str5 hits, and effectively 3 thanks to that spell (1 less possible roll on a d6 to save)

on top of that, if you take a black orc warboss, and kit him up with the +1T armor, he becomes immune to all str4 and below attacks thanks to the opponent not being able to ever roll a 6.

Has anyone ever used this? Does it completely ruin people's days, or is it just too complicated to get off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very, very situational. A Black Orc Warboss is better off on a Wyvern to increase his hitting power and to add some Terror.

Anyway, you can't run both the Spiteful Shield and the Armour of Gork as they are both pieces of magic armour and you can't field two types of the same magic item on one character/model.
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that it's very situational, but it could work. If the unit it was cast one had say, a Blorc Warboss and a Blorc Big boss (BSB?) in it, the Warboss could take the spiteful shield and then the BSB could avoid taking a banner in favour of taking Armour of Gork, although chances are they won't even bother trying to attack the BSB in that situation.

It's a clever idea, but I think it's a little too situational and complex to pull off, so maybe just stick with Spiteful Shield/Gork'll fix it. Maybe I'm wrong, see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiteful Shield and the spell Gork'll Fix It sounds like a great combo, and should work fairly well. I like running a Gobbo Shaman on Wolf and let him cast Gaze of Mork on Knight units and otherwise be annoying.
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Gork'll fix it also works well with the teror./fear causers in the army. If you know that a unit will be hitting your charger on 6s anyway due to a failed fear test then your charger is going to PARTAY!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooooh, nice idea for an evil tactic. Run a couple of fast Shamans and try to cast Gork'll fix it on as many units as you can and fly a Wyvern or run a Giant or both in to the middle of their army.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

No, that would actually HELP them. Terror tests are leadership tests taken whenever that big scary Wyvrn is 6" away from the enemy. If they fail that test, they flee away from the Wyvrn. By making all 6s into 1s, you are making it easier for them to pass the check, and decreasing the distance that they will flee.
    'Gork'll Fix It' would work if you charged your enemy with a fear-causing unit and failed his leadership test. If he has sufficient numbers, he'll still hold, but he'll be hitting you on 6s only. With GFI cast, it would be impossible for him to hit you.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, overlooked that. It wouldn't be that good. Anyway, I run Trolls a fair bit so either way it's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Remember it also stops poisoned stuff from working.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good against those freaking annoying Skink Skirmishers who always seem to appear near my Giant or my Trolls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast