What exactly does an NG include? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly does an NG include?

Hey guys,

I have bought the Battle for Skull Pass, and I'm looking foward to building a Night Goblin Army, using the units given in the box to give me a head start.

My Question:

I have seen that you get both Normal Gobbo's and Night Goblins, but I'm wondering what exactly goes into a Night Goblin Army?

I have seen some people field Warmachines, is this possible?

Orc Army 40k. Wins 5 -2 Losses. Loss vs Chaos Marines.
    Currently Collecting Dwarves WFB. Time to get my Beard on!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a flavour:

Take Multiple Regiments of 25-35 Night Goblins, all with 3 fanatics, and you spray the enemy with fanatics., im talking about 5-6 regiments. Some regiments will have bows, some will have spears.

You will take War machines so thats bolt throwers, rock lobbers and doom divers to nacker the enemy at long range.

Giants fit in well with Night Goblin Army lists if you charge into a combat with your giant, you get a rank bonus and giant damage!

Night Goblin shamans to cause damage, buff your army out and stop magic coming back at you.

Nifty magic items (most of the goblin magic items are unrelible, but if you take enough, one of them will work).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow! I do gets warmachines, that all I needed to know. Ill even try my hand at doing some converting for this army. I am very excited about this army. Just gotta finish my Ork 40k army, and then its all game on!

Thanks for the response, it was very useful and very much appreciated.

Clampy.
    Orc Army 40k. Wins 5 -2 Losses. Loss vs Chaos Marines.
    Currently Collecting Dwarves WFB. Time to get my Beard on!

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

A good friend of mine has an incredibly hard NG army. He uses:

2 Bolt Throwers w/ Shamans (it was ruled they can join warmachines as it's stated they can't)

4 units of NGs w/ 2-3 Fanatics each

15 Squig Hoppers (ugliest unit ever devised in my opinion)

He used to run wolf or spider riders with his army, but I think now he's been messing with a regiment of Black Orcs. I know that it doesn't make it a pure NG force then, but he takes this army to tournaments and done extremely well.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the OP: There is no offical "Night Goblin Army List" its basically people just taking the Orcs and Goblins list and only using Night Goblin units. That said you can take Night Goblins, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Giants whatever because its all the same list. If you want to run a true "Night Goblin Only List" then your options are Basic Night Goblin Units, Squig Hoppers, and Squig Herds. Everything else is either Snotling, Goblin or Orc.

@CaptainSarathai: Just a couple of things, first, I'll check when I get home but I was pretty sure Shamans arent allowed to join warmachine crews. I could be mistaken on this though.

What I'm not mistaken on is Squig Hoppers cap out at size 10. A unit with 15 is illegal.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

He splits them in half. 8 and 7. He's run 8 and 8 or even 9 and 9 before, but he wound up cutting them out to save points elsewhere. Sorry, didn't make that as clear. The original list is up on the site somewhere, that I posted. He's butchered and edited that post several times over with help from the old-guard at our shop, and came up with the monster that he has now.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread