Orcs & Goblins Vs Woodelves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs & Goblins Vs Woodelves

Hya, I ve started my WE army last year b/c 2 of my friends were already playing the game and the kinda lured me into it. I love the WE, totally suits my style of playing, great models, very tactical and unforgiving on errors etc. I ve played roughly less than 10 2000points battles now, lost the first 2 dramatically. After that.. started to read up on forums.. Adapted my playstyle/tactic and voila... i started winning... Now for my question:

My last 2 battles were VS the Orcs and goblins army of one of the two friends.. THe last match i slaughtered him, i had 1600 points of my army left approx.. and he had 0 points left after round 5. (my army consisted of a genuine mix, so no shooty heavy or something like that, He started complaining about how bad his army was due to the rule book etc...
    Is he correct? are Orcs and Goblins that nerfed? did i just roll better? or ..?
    I valid all your input thanks,

ps, seriously, WE a great army, i cant imagine myself playing any other army tbh, if only our opponents realise that we can not simply charge everything and most of the times use running/tactical retreat as a valid way of playing.. instead of getting sneered upon for sometimes avoiding combat throughout the game.

Greetings, Foreststalker

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE are really an annoying army to beat for O+G. Mobile forest really hamper our mostly movement 4 army. Tell your friend to invest in some squig hoppers. Skirmishers that move on average 9 are amazing against WE. They're also a beast once they get into combat. Other than that you really need to play very smart with your fast cav. Basically assume that you're opponent will flee every charge you make and it gives you a better picture of where the board will be next turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ll talk to him about it, i hope he takes my advice,

i play for fun, not to win perse!

thanks for input
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs and Goblins are one of those armies that either win or lose spectacularly. This mostly depends on luck, os Orcs and Goblins are probably the least reliable race. It also depends alot on the army they are facing, becuase as already said as someone earlier, Orcs and Goblins have trouble defeating highly manouverable armies such as wood elves and dark elves, or shooting armies due to a minute amount of skirmishers and flyers (the only skirmishers we have are squig hoppers and the only flyers are wyverns).

Although it may be put down to poor army compostiion. Or he could just be whining because he didn't win.

+ Reply to Thread