''hELP me random people ive neva spoken to before your my only help!'' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

''hELP me random people ive neva spoken to before your my only help!''

*sigh*

I need some fancy ideas to help get me out of my current 7battle loosing streak.

Ive been playing for about 2months now and dont seam to be having much luck yet

Im playing against a couple of mates who play alot of warhammer , they have a fair few armys and i end up playing a different army prity much each time .
    (Ive learnt i hate Vampies Boo tomany fail tests for ma gobos)

heres what you have to work with , Im happy to buy in anything thats liklyt o help me win :]

I havea :

60 night gobos spears and sheilds
    40 Night gobo archers
    2 trolls
    20 spider riders
    a genral both on a war pigy and on foot
    a banner both on a war pigy and on foot
    A rock lobber
    and 19 ( whats with boxs of 19 any ways? =/ ) boys with choppers and sheilds
    2 shammys
    6 fanatics

a pint to any1 who can help me kick sum ass

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello mate,

I've had A LOT of success with O&G in my local community. My army is respected and I've learned to play with the greenskins, use our advantages and accept our (few) weaknesses. I'm by no means an "expert" or "power player" but I'd like to contribute with my (limited) knowledge.

Get more ORCS for your army. "Vanilla" orcs are great ! Although the NGobbos are really cool, they're just there for support and fanatic-delivery. IMHO the real "anvil" for our army are the orc boyz. Play them in units of 22 - 24 models and put a BO character in them (mounted or on foot) to minimize animosity.

Get at least TWO spear chukkas. They're cheap and if you have at least moderate luck in your dice, they are DEADLY. Depending on your game size, buy 2, 4 or more !

If you want to play fanatics a lot: go crazy with them ! Put two of them in NG units of 20 archers ! Then protect your flanks with them and cause mayhem ! I'm a little cautious about "too much fanatics" but that's just me... If you want to use them, give them a try !

Buy a Doom Diver ! Really, that thing is just GREAT against HE, WoC, DE, WE. Is great against almost anything ! You already have the rock lobba so you can swap the DD when you face against other O&G or dwarves (among others).

Use your light cavalry (spiders). Play one, two or more (depending on size) units of 5 spiders with a musician. Use bows if you like it. They are GREAT units and very versatile. If you can, try to get a 5 gobbo-wolf-rider unit too.

Finally, if you want, try one of the newest ideas I've seen: field a big troll unit with a mounted character in them to prevent stupidity ! No animosity, regen, MR (for stone trolls) and they hit like a ton of bricks ! I just have one troll model so I'm speaking "theoryhammer" here They've been working great for a lot of other people though...

That's what I can contribute, I hope it helps you. Let me know if it worked out, and you started whipping some undead arse

Best regards !
    "Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

owww thanks :]

I went to buy sum wolf riders last nite n foolishly eneded up with a chariot as well mmm dam all those tempting shineys at eye level

how big ig big when it comes to troll units? 5ish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marmite View Post
    how big ig big when it comes to troll units? 5ish?
    Yeah. I've seen units of 5 - 6. Remember to put a hero in there to minimize stupidity !
    "Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marmite, sorry for hijacking your thread, but i was curious about Lord_Vipers. L_V, would you mind posting it?

Just acquired some O&Gs myself, ironhide was among them. Would you use him or just a normal BO Warboss? 7 Str 7 attacks with ASF sound pretty darn nice. Have a unit of Black Orcs to put him in.

What kind of hero do you suggest i put in the Troll unit? Would a simple Goblin Big Boss suffice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marmite View Post
    *sigh*

I need some fancy ideas to help get me out of my current 7battle loosing streak.

Ive been playing for about 2months now and dont seam to be having much luck yet

Im playing against a couple of mates who play alot of warhammer , they have a fair few armys and i end up playing a different army prity much each time .
    (Ive learnt i hate Vampies Boo tomany fail tests for ma gobos)

heres what you have to work with , Im happy to buy in anything thats liklyt o help me win :]

I havea :

60 night gobos spears and sheilds
    40 Night gobo archers
    I like a unit of ~30 gobbos, hand weapons and shields, nets and 3 fanatics. They can take a charge, hold the opponent up and let you smack some orcs in the flank.
    2 trolls
    Fun but stupidity can be difficult to work around in an O+G army. Better at higher point levels where you can afford a dedicated babysitter.
    20 spider riders
    Units of 6/7 tops, no command. If you have wolves too then I'd take no more than 3 in total of either type of fast cav.
    a genral both on a war pigy and on foot
    a banner both on a war pigy and on foot
    On boar is generally the better option as it gives a better save.
    A rock lobber
    Fun. Practice range guessing though.
    I suppose 20 gives you 2 units and they can't be doing that! Units of 24-28 are good, spread 3 boxes between 2 large regiments or have a large unit and a unit of ~12 for flanking etc. Ranks of 6 are optimal for attacks. 2 choppas are also fun too.
    2 shammys
    Great, I hope they're orc ones, I love the big waaagh! and the way it interacts with the orcs in the ary well.
    6 fanatics

a pint to any1 who can help me kick sum ass

Thanks

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzet View Post
    Marmite, sorry for hijacking your thread, but i was curious about Lord_Vipers. L_V, would you mind posting it?

Just acquired some O&Gs myself, ironhide was among them. Would you use him or just a normal BO Warboss? 7 Str 7 attacks with ASF sound pretty darn nice. Have a unit of Black Orcs to put him in.

What kind of hero do you suggest i put in the Troll unit? Would a simple Goblin Big Boss suffice?
    Grimgor is awesome but is a big pointsink. You have to be careful how you use him as in smaller games he can get baited out of the game.

As for the troll unit, I occasionally use an orc shaman. I wouldn't really use a gobbo one as their Ld is too poor and stupidity can defeat thier main purpose (while a shaman can still cast spells as long as its just the UNIT that is stupid). It does give a low risk use for the battle brew though.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose 20 gives you 2 units and they can't be doing that!
    Didn't you all know that the missing Orc Boy is the extra Boy in the 40k Ork Boyz box?
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

True. I forgot about him. Darned 40k nickin our orcses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Net's

hmmm, just a quick question with nets, i know you roll for the unit to see if the nets will work or not , assuming that it passes and that your using a 5 wide gobo troop , Does that mean i then get to pick 5 nets to go on targets ? OWWW in if i had two rows of 5 with spears id get 10 nets to throw at people ? :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

No, you may upgrade units not models to have nets. At the start of the combat phase you may opt to use the nets (and can do so any number of times). If you do you roll ONE dice per unit using them. If ant come yup 2+ then you get the bonus (non-stacking). If any fail then that unit gets the drawback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast