Librarium Online Forums banner

Squig herds

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 ·
Hi,

If a squig herd is in combat, its whole front rank is squigs, it then takes two wounds.

Would I have to take the Squigs as casualties, or Could herders be taken as casulaties, leaving the squigs to kill things.

I'm guessing the squigs die but...

This has probably been asked before but this subforum has been a ghost town recently.

#3 ·
Casualties are always taken from those in base contact. In normal units (i.e. not mixed units), the models are removed from the back for convenience.

So yes, you have to remove the squigs.

#5 ·
sorry for any directness of speech but I am inebriated beyond remorse; of course the squigs can't go rampant if there aren't any. Sorry again for any unsuitable response to any posed question.

#7 ·
I agree, if there are no Squigs left in the unit, they can't go rampant.

I remember a game I was watching before the Dark Elf FAQ. The Dark Elf player had the Caledor's Bane "lance" and was playing against the Orcs and Goblins player. They were both "power gamers".

First the O&G player lost all of the herders in the units, and then claimed the units could still explode. The DE gave in and allowed it. The Lord's dragon was shot down from underneath him, he then proceed to charge the Warboss with +3 S as the entry did not specify that it was a lance per se.

If you choose to read rulings like that that go against the spirit of the game, then do so, just don't force it upon others.

By the way, the Orcs and Goblins player lost that game.

#8 · (Edited)
First the O&G player lost all of the herders in the units, and then claimed the units could still explode. The DE gave in and allowed it.
This is the correct way to play it and is specified in the book. But what if all the squigs are dead and then the herders flee?

By the way, the Orcs and Goblins player lost that game.
Booo! Hisss!!!

#9 ·
Oh dear; the way its written they do go on teh rampage 'if the unit breaks'. This needs pondering to come to terms with it.......Well, I feel slightly better by the fact that my beloved squigs aren't 'dead' when they're killed, I guess they're well trained squigs

Grytzy (to squig): PLAY DEAD, or I'll 'ave ya fed to da boyz, stoopid bloody....

Squig rolls on to its back, with tounge hanging out its mouth

Grytzy: HAHAHAHA, I told ya I'd do it, I told ya. OI! GITZ! Put ya hand in his mouth...Nah, don' worry, he's long dead...

P.S. I'll check direwolf FAQs later, can't remember the address now.

#14 ·
your toying with me >.<

its a sticky in the rules thread.

The Direwolf faq is a compilation of several answered faq (a reference is given after each faq). It's quite a big longer than the one on the gw site, but the site seems to be under construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.