dogs of war Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dogs of war Ogres

Hi guys

could i use a unit of iron guts or ogre bulls as a rare choice im my orc and goblin army?

i am just asking because i cannot find anything in the army book that says otherwise

thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

GWs stance on DoW units is pretty random, as in they seem to change their minds a lot. Latest i know of is that if an army book has DoW listed as a Rare choice entry then they are able to take them. Seems strange that O&Gs dont have it though

(Example of randomness, one of the giants in a book somewhere lists which armies may take it as a DoW choice. This may be old, but its not that old that it didnt coincide with the above ruling. Unsure on any changes with 7th army books though...)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

your question is answered in the 'choosing an army' page, of the actual dogs of war

O&G may use dogs of war (not dwarfs). the units you mentioned are a rare slot.

didnt see your reply phoenix :o
    the giants are regiments of renown, theyre a seperate thing, every regiment of renown states which army may use it.
    Last edited by Digger; December 9th, 2009 at 19:59.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    your question is answered in the 'choosing an army' page, of the actual dogs of war

O&G may use dogs of war (not dwarfs). the units you mentioned are a rare slot.

didnt see your reply phoenix :o
    the giants are regiments of renown, theyre a seperate thing, every regiment of renown states which army may use it.
    Aha, so it is in the army book.. just, not in the place its meant to be.. apparently lol.

And as you say, RoR each state where they can be used. DoW rules are pretty random indeed it seems Wish GW would make up their minds and be consistent in their madness... hehe

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Actually, Digger I am afraid you are wrong. GW has been phasing out the use of DOW in armies, that is why nowhere in the army books does it state or give the option for the use of DOW units. It was removed in the newer addition.

The only armies that can currently use DOW are dwarfs and those who haven't been updated to 7th edition. You have to remember, you always use the current edition of the army book and it will supersede the army book or previous editions of rules. So currently, any army book that has been updated for 7th ed may not take DOW units. There just isn't the option for them to do so.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

aha

so you can only use dogs of war if the army book states it. The Orcs and goblins does not state anything about DoW so does not allow it.
    the dow armylist allows it but is even older and is superseded.

sorry there madmek.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    aha

so you can only use dogs of war if the army book states it. The Orcs and goblins does not state anything about DoW so does not allow it.
    the dow armylist allows it but is even older and is superseded.

sorry there madmek.
    Unfortunately yes. Its GWs way of phasing them out, been at it all edition. I find it quite sad, DOW allowed an extra dimension to be played by many armies and had characterful units.

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread