Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is my first attempt at an army, and wondered what everybody thought.
I wanted to go with mostly infantry and mostly Black Orcs (cause who doesn't like them?)
is this an alright list?
Comments and help are much appreciated!
Grimgor Ironhide. 375
Black Orc Big Boss-139
-Ulag's Akrit axe
Level 2 Night Goblin Shaman
Orc Big Boss-113
15 Orc Boyz-105
20 Night Goblins-107
5 Spider riders-65
5 spider riders-65
20 Black Orcs-286
20 Black orcs-286
19 Da Immortulz-298
-Banner of Butchery (+25)
2 goblin spear chukka-75
Total cost 1999
who doesnt like em?
-----> Me <-----
as far as black orcs go i think theyre nice for a flankattack but they just move so darnit slow!
anyhow as long as your foes do not use catapults you might be ok, doesnt look to bad as a start
one suggestion about your night goblins:
20 goblins is very few, they will not do much in combat, and are simply not worth their nets upgrade, unless theres at least 30. same with the champion, costs extra points but don't count on any extra kills.
their main strength lies in the numbers, or bows and their fanatics,
i suggest ditching the champion and the netters, instead making it
26 goblins with 1 fanatic + musician. points: 107
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
nono the archers are a great addition to your army, spearmen will cost more but do not really add hitting power.
If your enemy deploys a large target (giants, gryphons etc), that unit will be your best weapon;
all the goblins have line of sight to the large target, just like shooting uphill. so you get to shoot 20 arrows, even a dragon doesnt like that much goblinpain.
If you can get replacements for the standard and champion, i would suggest that. Otherwise just leave em as is :p
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
That will be my first post, so better make it helpful as much as i can.
Grimgor is awesome fighter. But yet, he is slow. Bonus for B.Orks is really good. But you can expect skilled players to avoid Grimgor and his Boyz or be nuked by ranged armies.
- Black Ork Big Boss can't carry Dispel Scrolls. And you might kit him out diffrently. If he is supposed to hit hard: Best Basha + Kickin boots OR Akrit Axe + Spiteful Shield. You may consider taking a goblin hero. They are way more cheaper and can be kitted with specialized tools. Combination like Goblin Boss + Chariot + One Hit Wunda + Triksy Trinket will make cheap, one use hero to deal with high ward save units.
- 2 lvl Night Gobbo shaman won't do much. If you want him only to generate dispel dices kit him out with 1 lvl and 2 dispel scrolls, then hide him in a ballista crew. If you want to cast some spells. Well, you need more shammys
- Orc Big Boss BSB - If possible, change him to Black Ork, kit out with Heavy Armour, boar and of course with Mork totem. This along with shammy will provide proper dispel power, if of course sticked into block of Boyz. Also Black Ork will make sure the boyz are not Squabblin around. If its possible, give spear and shield. I didn't find any restriction on shield and spear for BSB in army book.
- Spider Riders are all fine. Musician is really vital. You may kit them with Short Bows. Run around in forests and harass enemy.
- 15 Orc Boyz with dual choppa won't be really hitty. Making them Savage Big'uns and giving Boss+Mus will make them tough hitters
- You defenitly need more infantry to handle enemies. For example 2 blocks of Orcs about 25-30 with Shields and full CMD (Champion is worth it imo. 4 WS, 5 S, 2 Attacks). They will be tough enough to get charged and hold till you smash something into flank. I can guarantee that this kind of "anvil" will work, as it managed to beat 18 Chaos Warriors of Khorne in a meele (Combat resolution!). Also same block held 3 turns against Chaos Knights and a hero kitted for close combat, just by sheer numbers and high toughness. They are even better supported by Heroes/Lords to throw couple of attacks and even the combat resolution.
- Night gobbos - From my personal exp. - 21 (6 must die before panic test) + Bows + Musician + 1-2 Fanatics. This should some-what cover flanks. OR you can field 25 + Mus + Nets + 1-2 Fan. Then the trick is to charge them along with Orc Boyz, only to barely touch enemy regiment and provide virtual 5 Toughness for the Orcs.
- B.Orks are sluggish and too expensive.. But if you really want to field them IMO best number is a single squad 18 with Mus and S.Bearer, shields and WAAAGH! Banner. This will give them one-time fast movement (waaagh ability + banner + movement = 10'' - 20'' Charge). Best used ,of course, as flank smashers.
- When using single B.ork units, throw in a Chariot or two. Single squig hopper unit with 7-8 models will be good too. But you might want to proxy them before buying.
- I presume you don't have any models. But still, Trolls and Doom Divers - I use them for my "tournament" list.
Last edited by gensturm; December 26th, 2009 at 00:42.
Why thanks GenSturm for the input. However, the way you are setting that up isn't really how I want to play.
I'm not really looking to win tournaments and things, just have lots of fun.
I want slow moving infantry and I love Black Orcs. They are the reason I picked Orcs to begin with.
I hate gobbos. I only have them in there, cause I don't have a lot of money and I already own some.
I have a troll but I hear one troll with it's low leadership, is just stupid to have...
No problem Verhistimus.
Just suggested those rares as you didn't any any. Trolls are best used in 3-4 per unit, upgraded into River Trolls, but then they need to stick around the general or get their own Hero with LD.
Speaking of black orks, if you really want to use them you might consider changing getting an B.Ork BSB (and kit him out for combat, effigy of mork and best basha will make him neat CC fighter, plus boar of course) and 2 Ork Shamans. Both level 2, both with single Dispell Scroll and a Power Stone.
These guys will have chance to buff your B.Orks into killing mowing machines. (for example WAAGH! spell or 'ere we go, even if you don't roll for those spells they will have chance to cause some destruction) Dices from Shamans and 2 dispell scrolls should be enough magic protection, but if you really want you can always switch your BSB back to Mork Totem, however if you want to use him he needs a big block of orks which are supposed to grant rank bonus.
I had a one fun 2v2 game (2250 pt.) lately where i deployed 3 shamans and bsb. Fielded orks only (mostly savages, as me and my WoC bud where fighting Tomb king with Vampire Counts). When i managed to cast WAAGH spell, orcs were mowing down everything in their path.
One tip: set your orks in 6 per rank .
1st of all you can't have that many black orcs. You have close to 800 points worth and you can only have 500. Gensturm, you canonly have 1 of each item and only 1 of each type of item. Therefore you can't have 2 shamans with 2 arcane items each. Orc shamans are a good idea though, much more effective than gobbos.