Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Rumour has it that some-time this summer along with the new 8th edition, there may be a new orcs and goblins armybook coming out (either that or a tomb kings book first).
Now this thread is showing up all over the other armythreads, so lets not fall behind and let's hear what you think should really be fixed next book!
so here it is!
What do you expect to see, or do you have hopes for new unit entries? or was this book just perfect? Let us know.
Personally i cannot possibly imagine orcs becoming overpowered, thats simply not possible with goblins at your side,
Heres my wishes:
1 Better Rules
i would really LOVE to see the rules worked out better. theres so many gaps im going nuts everytime i consider bringing a different:
(can fanatics kill eachother in the turn you release them?)
(does a black orc on chariot auto-waagh! ?)
(why is there a flying Doomdiver model in the box if you dont use a model in the game?)
2 Savage orc spearmen
its time they release some models. i want to deploy something Games workshop for a change =o
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
Can't really see any moe new units, our book is one of the most crowded around. As for new sculpts, I think you've put your finger on it: savage orcs and boar boyz are the 2 glarring gaps, if we can have some of these I'll be happy.
i would love to see things like porkos pig sticka be worth a darn when you hit an enemy in the flank with your boyz
i think it would be cool if you get more options to equip goblins with. i think a goblin with two hand weapons is fluffwise better then a goblin with a shield!
'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
Byjugo's WIP Thread
1. Magic: Id like to see Little Waagh spells changed so some less powered are available .. It'd be cool if Big Waagh had a spell that causes frenzy on friendly units (maybe replacing bash em lads?)
2. It would be wicked if savage orc shamans increased the ward save of savage orc units they join to 5+ .. Just like back in 5th ed! We need a tiny bit more cheese like this to get more competitive
3. Bring forest goblins back properly! And have the option for forest gob shamans!
If they don't improve their armour, please, cheaper boars!!! The old rule of 2 goblin heroes x 1 was great too, and maybe a revision of the animosity rules to make them more competitive.
I'm surprised that it has yet to have been said.
Do something with animosity.
I would also like some new Wolf Rider models, as the models are the only thing that is keeping me from taking them.
Make Black Orcs two or three points more expensive and add +1 attack to their profile. It would bring them closer in line in ability with LM/WOC/DE heavy hitters (obviously we've got better weapons rules) becasue they are suposed to be big furious killing machines and should have profiles as such. It'd make them more interesting to take. Either that or rethink the cost/rules of Big Uns to make them more useable.
Make boar boys riders +1 attack on any turn they charge (2 or three points more expensive), which again would make them more useable, and could easily fit in with the fluff of a ranting loony releasing that first bit of anger.
The magic banners should be rethought (other than the totem). Most other books have banners that confer an ability throughout the battle and not just one use.
If O&G were seriously heavy hitters the Animosity the way it stands would be okay, it would punish you but you could bludgeon your way through as Orcs are supposed to do. But it is a complete pain in the arse when your fighting with under powered troops that require a sound tactical plan and the magic number one keeps rearing its ugly head. It can literally ruin your battle on turn one, especially on a horde army! It needs to be rethought.
If none of the above was possible then magic items need to be sorted, goblins only lists are fun to play but against the big hitters the tactical options are limited. You can kit one Lord out well and everyone else suffers. Either make the better items so multiple characters can buy them or make better items that effect the unit the character is with (ie any enemy is at half WS to attack the unit etc - I'd personally not like to see things like this but due to power creep they are needed)
O&G have the best variety of units in the game so I dont think we need any more. A couple of hero characters might be fun though.
1) Orc Shamans need to be able to take Chariots!
2) Clarification of rules. (Savage Great Shaman have Frenzy but reg ones don't?)
3) I like Animosity how it is...adds for me an orcy feel No Change!
4) Goblins- Can you give me HW + Shield instead of Light Armour for 3 points? (Like the Night Gobbos)
5) Wolf Riders-Serve no purpose for me... Same points as Spider Riders but dont have Poisoned or Wall Climber rules...and all they have is +1 Armour Save.
6) Black Orcs...+1 Atk, Mabey Immune to Psych? Something to put them on par with Black Guard...
7) Do something w Giants...I cant take one as it dies in the second round from shooting...
Cheapen Boar Boyz...22pts is to much...mabey 19? or Give them +1 atk and make them 26...and still 8 pts for Big Unz...
9) WAAAGH Magic...Little WAAAGH needs to be a little cheaper...a 5, then a bunch of 8's is ridic...BIG WAAAAGH should be different spells...
Last edited by HAB_Incognito; February 7th, 2010 at 03:55.
Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven