Topic of the Week - Warlord/Warboss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Topic of the Week - Warlord/Warboss

This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Warlord/Warboss

What "rank" do you take him as? Why would you go orc over goblin, or Black Orc over Orc? What weapons is best for the character? Is it worth mounting him or keeping him on foot? What unit do you put him in?

Discuss.

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black orc warboss either: on a chariot, or a boar in a unit of trolls. always armed with heavy armour, bess boss hat, akrit axe, enchanted shield and kickin boots. in his more brass balled moments thats taken down vampire lords, shaggoths and stegs. not heaps of attacks, but rerolling is worth the trade

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I was wondering, if you use the boar setup, bes boss hat, akrit axe, ench shield, would kicking boots be better than Iron gnasha's
    any chance you would like to compare these two?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k games I always take a black orc on a boar with a shield and heavy armor. That way I can get my 2+ armor save, then magic items vary from there.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guess it depends what you're fighting against. i prefer the extra attack over killing blow, youve got s6 on the first round of combat, and rerolling ws7 misses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my 1.5k list i use a Black Orc big boss, On Ironback Boar, Martogs Best Basha, heavy armor and shield. You get +2armor save, and if you get the charge, 1-3 S5 impact hits, + boars S5 hit, AND the Big Boss taht get 3 S5 attacks cause of Best basha. I call him Orc Cannonball ^^
    Last edited by Beskoeh; March 20th, 2010 at 15:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I haven't been in nearly asmany battles as any of you. However most of my battle are agaisnt high elves or dwarves, both of which normal use a very large amount of artliry which normal blows away my lines befor I even rech them. So when I am facing high elves (who normal use lots of low level mages and reapeter boltthrowers) I take a Savage orc Warboss with Maad's map, this normal lets me place him behind enemy line so he can take out the bolt throwers and ungaurded mages, aswell as i give him Shaga's Screamin' sword so he get tonnes of extra attacks because of the large amounts of mages.
    When facing dwarves i take a savage orc bigboss with maad's map and Martog's best basha. This normal cleans up this cannon line pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone..

You may laugh about this particular build... But you will see its potential...
    Imagine a Black Orc Warboss with Basha's bloodaxe and every other piece of equipment you like... Strong huh?
    Now add arabyan carpet to the mix and WOW a blood crased Orc with flying...

Basha's bloodaxe requires the character to be on foot so does the carpet... That means that the carpet is not actually a mount rather than a simple item which requires to be on foot to use it...Move him carefully and he will be bashing heads in no time...

Cheers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pts for carpet? i dont have book handy
    - Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

+ Reply to Thread