Have you ever? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever?

I was looking at starting a a small orcs and goblins force, but to be honest I find the models to be a little outdated and much prefer the 40k Orks... Which leads me to my question: have any of your O&G players ever used 40k Ork models to represent some models in your force and how did it go over with your opponents?

I was thinking I could use Shoot Boyz for arrer boys, slugga boyz for orc boyz, and orks on bikes to represent Boar boyz. Maybe even grots for Goblins with bows...whatcha all think? and before someone says: 'why dont you just play 40k Orks?' I don't enjoy playing 40K as the rules aren't dynamic enough for my liking. and I like the character of the O&G army.... just despise most of the models.

thanks in advance: Beardy Bearderson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what exactly about the fantasy models do you find outdated? imo fantasy should be fantasy and sci fi should be sci fi it might be ok for HOTT but if playing WFB then the least that one would expect would be that the models used are fantasy based. maybe converted orks might work, ie removing guns, grenades etc (i have seen some nice warboss conversions based on the older metal ork nobs) but motorbikes and units of bolter wielding orcs seems too much. what were you planning to do for those not armed with missile weapons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

What don't you like about the models? Just the weapons? The actual models themselves are the same thing. Heads are exact same thing and the bodies are representative of the armor worn in the respective time periods. You know, if we had an example of Orcs in medieval times . Only models outdated in the Fantasy line would be the Savage orcs.
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

+ Reply to Thread