Chariot army 2000 pts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariot army 2000 pts?

Has anyone ever thought of a mostly chariot army.
    Say for example

Lord riding chariot

Goblin shamans riding chariots
    and/or
    Standard bearer riding chariot

Rares:

4 pump wagons

Specials:

4 chariots (any)

Core

any

I thought it would definitely be an interesting go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i thought about it.
    crashed when i figured how many pump wagons id have to buy. by the time id collect and paint those chariots a new armybook would be out

there are certainly some hero builds with chariot that would really stand out.

are you considering starting a chariotarmy?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

I like this army idea very much. I've never had the models to run it though. (unless I proxied with my TK chariots) I reckon it'd work better with a lord on a wyvern/than a chariot.
    Im thinking:
    Blorc warboss on Wyvern
    Savage orc on chariot
    N. gob shaman on chariot X2
    Fill out core with small units of fast cavalry. Though throwing in one small unit of n. gobs with 3 fanatics might be worth a go.
    Chariots for special and pumpwagons for rare like you said. Putting it through my veyr old Universal legion creator program it comes in around 2000 fairly easily. So would be good fun to try.

Theresusually plenty of old orc chariots from the 6th ed box set on ebay if your thinking this'd be tricky to afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought about it. Like above I thought if I were to pull it off I'd have a Black Orc on a Wyvern, then 3 gobos with chariots, 4 gobo chariots, use Wolf riders with shields up to 2 maybe 3 ranks and spider riders, and a mess of pump wagons. I like the 18 inch charge of the wolves, and I find many people underestimate their range.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

the range is great yes.. but they take feartests when they want to charge undead/daemons/terrorbeasts/ogresized infantry.. basically everything XD

i would suggest at least one savage orc chariot. the impact is also many times more effective even without magic items
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would it be without some chariots running through your own ranks. It wouldn't be Orcy that's for sure, and if it ain't orcy... well that's just not right.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Its an ok army, I've tried it before, but the problem is the amout of fear tests all these ld7, ld6 chariots will have to take, especially when elves cause fear in goblins. The next problem is if you start rolling 1's for impact hits unsupported by other units then it can go horribly wrong. Also when the chariots flee they hit other units. Another thing, things with 2+ armour it can be hard to go through those.

I think its best tot have a mix of chariots and normal units rather than all chariots in my experience, but I like the doom diver, stone thrower and bolt throwers so recently I've stopped using chariots all together.

+ Reply to Thread