Help with Goblin Warboss on great cave squig! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Goblin Warboss on great cave squig!

I run a pure Night Goblin army and I picked up this model the other day purely because ive always loved the minature itself. I'm a really inexperienced with playing the game, but have always collected GW minatures since I was about 12 ( I've always just liked painting and making terrain, but never found time to actually play games properly).
    My question is whats the best way to equip this little bad boy as a general in a 2000pt game. Like I said, im inexperienced with gameplay, and I know the fact he's on a squig is going to bring a whole lot of issues that I cant really see just yet.
    Any help with magic items and tactics would be most appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

hi Red Gobbo!

Brilliant name there! its like getting a tattoo with your girlfriends name. lets just hope shes the one!

one of the main uses for the squig is his ability to move/charge into any direction you wish, almost like have 360 degrees sight arc.
    For me that means he will end up fighting either fast cavalry/flyer units or bigger monsters in the flanks.
    That effectively eliminates items like the Porko's pigstikka.

Now usually i just assume the model is NOT immune to psychology, (because people disagree on it and the book has no answer to it. Dont want to end up argueing all night)
    this means he is not a great choice to charge fear/terror causers, but its better than nothing.
    the One Hit Wunda is a great way to have this cheap fella equipped to deal with anything with a high toughness and even surprise a chaos knight unit you managed to flank!! You dont actually have to kill the monster but doing some wounds before you die will make the monster vulnerable for finishing moves (lucky archery or a unit that gets to strike back in the next fight.)
    i like the Guzzla's Battle Brew, but if he becomes stupid, you will not like it if your general is no orc.

if your general is a goblin aswell, i would suggest the 1hit wunda and one out of two items:
    the tricksy trinket, or the Brimstone Bauble. This guy is really cheap, and he wont let you down! just paint it red, cus red goes faster
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thanks for the help. This is all good advice. If anyone else has anything to add, it would be appreciated...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

well, I'd say first off you don't want your general on the squig because it will get chewed by ranged things. So a big boss on a squig is more of a support unit, not something to throw into a ranked up unit by itself. It does well against fast cavalry and soft targets, wouldn't rely on it to counter ranged units or artillery because its not guaranteed to reach 'em. Its high and random movement means it can't really follow your main battle line so best on the flanks. For magic items, it's hard but I'd try and keep it cheap cos it's not got a high life expectancy.
    I know it sucks but as written it doesn't have ItP so I wouldn't charge fear/terror causers because it could be off the table very quick. Best to leave it to the tried and tested spear chukkas, or ItP squig units.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

When I first picked up night goblins, I grabbed this guy because I thought it was a given to have my leader precariously perched upon a giant bouncing ball of death, completely secluded from the rest of my men.

I went through a lot of generals.

Now, my goblin kings delegate that sort of business to a big boss. Generally speaking, the 1-hit wunda and brimstone bauble combo is what he rolls with. Lets face it, he is 1 goblin versus units of stuff. He ain't gonna make it. The squig might, but we don't have to worry about magic items for the SQUIG. So, 1 round of close combat followed by a meaningful death. If the squig lives through the process, he might even win. Maybe. Remember, NOTHING in our army is a sure thing. Even if you play it close to the chest and have him try support flank charges, his random movement might kill you. Most importantly, though, have fun with him. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread