Is it just me? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me?

Is it just me or did an all-Goblin force just become wildly competitive in 8th?
    The ability to take almost a dozen Goblin heroes, simultaneously allowing for a nauseatingly powerful magic phase, as well as the ability to hook a melee character to nearly every goblin unit in your army is astounding.

with the new horde rules Goblins are now more efficient then they were before, and can actually dish out a fair amount of hurt in thier own right. forest spider riders and wolf riders recieve a scout move before the game begins, allowing you to control forests early on, or to help march block (although severely nerfed) and to set up multiple charges.

Goblins with spears do quite a bit of damage, and are nigh unmovable in the first few rounds of combat thanks to leadership 10, stubborn!

Can someone tell me how an all-Goblin army wouldnt be competitive in 8th? i'm having trouble seeing all-Goblin armies not becoming the norm for O&G players.

Thanks in advance: Beardy Bearderson.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

LD10, stubborn? where do you get that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

horde rank bonus to leadership, stubborn with full ranks. not to mention having a bsb nearby and a full command will help as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I think your confusing the horde rule with a skaven rule, which makes skaven units get extra leadership equal in ranks.

The big units will only be stubborn if you have more ranks than the enemy, so against other large regiments (who tend to outclass us in combat) we first lose alot of goblins, and its a matter counting the opponents ranks to see if we are actually stubborn.

- Goblins do have alot of effective stuff now. Enough even to bring us back into the top 10 of armies. But in high competition i think there will be a mix of orcs and goblins. Especially when you look at more offensive units, stuff like goblin spears are 1 point cheaper than orcs. and 1 point for a choppa, extra Ld and T4 is a good deal.
    - Size matter is an important rule i made alot of use of in 7th. In 8th stuff like the BsB (re-roll all psych) will make this less important, but important nonetheless.

I'm thinking mixed lists will still be the best ones. goblins for large horde meatwalls and smaller orc bands to try and bring some pain
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I can only see Goblins having a place next to wooden structures in my army... loadsa spear chukkas, rock lobbas and doom divers!

Used to have 3/4 units of 20 Night Gobbos with Mus running around making a nuisance of themselves... bait and flee, redirect, grab a table quarter...

Can't find a place for them in my army now...

+ Reply to Thread