What is the best way to start Orcs and Goblins? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

What is the best way to start Orcs and Goblins?

I was considering starting O&G, since I wanted a good Horde army with a lot of character.

O&G were the army I started Fantasy with, so I thought with the advent of the new edition I'll go back to my roots! So what's the best way to start with Greenskins? The Brigade? The battalion? Or maybe Battle for Skull Pass? Any other ways? I still have some stuff from way back, but not much.

Cheers for all your assistance! WAAAGH!

+++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Depends on what you want to play. Skull Pass would be for an all Goblins army, while the Battalion is better for a good mix. If you want to do all Orks, probably just buy infantry boxes or find someone to pawn off the unwanted parts of the Battalion too. Ebay is of course always your friend.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

Ah ebay, such a treasure trove of wonders. I once found a 17th century crossbow on there for $4,000, but as you might imagine I couldn't afford it. Not sure if it's still there. Anyway, I was thinking of starting with 2 battalions, which'll give me quite a few orcs as well as a few night goblins, and bulk out the NG units with what I already have. The spider riders will be a nice, fast flank-defender, and the chariots will be my linebreakers. After that, I'm gonna try to get a ridiculous amount of Black Orcs. What do you think?
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

I went with the Brigade, merged the night goblins into a 40 strong force, im not sure what to do wth my boys at the min, you get a block of 20 and 18, i may mix them for a unit of 30 with 2 choppa and be biguns, with a few spare models, or 18 big uns with 2 choppa and 20 spear and shield.

you get a lot of models, i got the boss box too, a warboss on foot with the big uns and a bsb on boar to get where he is needed!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

As said ebay is your best friend. Recent purchases include 25 orc boys for £7, a giant for £11, 6 trolls for £22. In the 8th edition it looks like O&G armies will have plenty of warmachines. Ebay is definitely your best bet here.
    Skull pass is ok, but it leaves almost no room for modelling unless you want to heavily involve the green stuff.
    The battalion and brigade are ok... There are places you can get them for better prices than gw though. Check out wayland and maelstrom.

+ Reply to Thread