new to orcs and goblins, need help with a army list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to orcs and goblins, need help with a army list.

hi everybody, yesterday i bought the new army book and i liked it so much that maybe i will start run them.
    then i need a great and solid army list on 1250 pts i wanna include:
    at least 1 unit of 50 night goblins
    one unit of 20 night goblin archers (they are the only missle weapon guys who cost as much as their points i think)
    10 spider riders (they are perfect on a flank, they dont get slowed down by terrain and as all cavalry they can make a move of "12" before the first turn)
    5 boar boys (i love the new models i only need to include them)
    1 orc big boss on boar (need a character in my unit of boar boys)

this is around 700-800 pts (initial stake equipment)
    then it is 450-550 points left and i need help to make a nice army list.

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Doom diver Rock lobber spear chukkas and a shaman
    200 pts left
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

The half-man half-Goblin speaks the truth! All our siege engines became mucho deadly in the new edition, as well as becoming far, far easier to put into an army thanks to the new percentage system.

Quick question: Since the Doom Diver doesn't use the template, exactly how does one fire it?
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Doom Diver operates like a stone thrower (see GW FAQ) but instead of template, you take a pin-point place on the board you're aiming for... scatter, try not to misfire, D3" adjust in ANY direction if you want/need it... if that pin-point hits a model/unit, then the unit/model takes D6 S5 hits with no armour saves allowed distributed as for shooting...

So they can be handy for sniping characters outside of units... took out a vermin lord once... which was nice....

Also, if you take 2 Doom Divers with you and misfire 5 times in your first 3 turns, then you look upwards and ask Mork what he's got against you... *sigh*

To the OP: going on what you're wanting to use, spear chukkas and rock lobber are perfect additions... but for a 'great and solid' army list you'll be wanting Orcs...
    Last edited by thetopcat84; July 21st, 2010 at 05:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Ah cool, thank ye kindly *reps*

I myself will be attempting to destroy heavily armoured cavalry and monster-mounted characters with our suicidal goblin friend.
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everybody, i i will add some orcs a shaman and some war machines i think or should i add something else?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatawax View Post
    I myself will be attempting to destroy heavily armoured cavalry and monster-mounted characters with our suicidal goblin friend.
    Monster mounted characters are ideal targets for spear chukkas (S6, D3 wounds, no armour save) or if there's no big blocks to shoot at, rock lobbas (centre template, S9 D6 wounds, as a TK Bone Giant found out recently )...

Doom Divers fare best when there's a cluster of enemy units close to your ideal target, simply because of their D3" adjustment! 2/3rds of the time your shot is going to scatter, so leave the little git some options...

After all, where's the fun in throwing goblins across a battlefield if they keep missing the enemy?

Back to OP... using the models you listed:

Lords - 24%

Night Goblin Great Shaman Lvl4
    Talisman of Preservation

Night Goblin Warboss
    Light Armour, Shield
    Wollopa's One Hit Wunda

Heroes - 17%

Orc Big Boss (General)
    Boar, Shield
    Armour of Destiny

Night Goblin BSB
    Light Armour
    Standard of Discipline

Core - 36%

47 Night Goblins
    Spears & Shields
    Full Command

20 Night Goblins
    S.Bows
    Musician only

10 Spider Riders
    S.Bows
    Full Command

Special - 23%

5 Boar Boyz
    Full Command

4 Spear Chukkas

Total: 1249pts

Now just don't roll any 1s on your animosity tables, get your spear chukkas working and you'll be fine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIVER TROLLS!!!! They're awsum, fun and deadly! Also, give your boar boys spears and make em Big Uns (choppaz dont work on mounted models)

Also, have you thought of running two units of 5 spider riders with bows and a musician???

One more thing... Do you really want your general running off with the Boar Boyz and leaving the rest of the army on low leadership?

hope it works out

+ Reply to Thread