Librarium Online Forums banner

River Trolls

726 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 ·
Hi all...So a quick question. My brother has recently started an OnG army and is going to go mainly Gobbo. He bought some River Trolls and we were wondering what Hero/Lord can join these trolls? I can't really find anything in the rulebook or army book. Can we take a Goblin on Gigantic Spider or Wolf with them? Also can a Goblin join a Night Goblin unit? I cant find anything saying no but might be overlooking it. Thanks!

#2 ·
Yep, you can do any of those things!

I often consider putting a Night Goblin Shaman with some Stone Trolls, it ups their Ld for Stupidity and gives him some extra magic defence but the downside is that he becomes stupid too, if the unit fails the test.

On the whole, keep trolls near your General and they'll be fine. The wolf is a good idea though if you want them to toddle off down a flank.

#4 ·
"The Gobbo in the Night Gobbo unit?"

Definetly.
There are only few restrictions to characters joining units, like monster mounts that cannot join anyone, or a big boss on a giant squig who may not jion units (because of his special rule in squig bestiary "may not join units"

What you should look out for is wether or not they are all the same Troop Type or not. If they are not , then the character will not benefit from a "Look Out Sir" roll if he gets hit by a random cannonball.
That is the case if a character (Infantry or Cavalry/Monstrous Cavalry) joins a unit of Trolls (Monstrous Infantry).

whenever i consider buying a character to join trolls i consider bringing either the Dragonbane gem or the Dragon Helm from the common items, it effectively increases the unit's resistance to fire attacks by a ton. (think fire imbued cannonballs, Daemon Flamers or flaming arrows such as the Bretonnians use)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.