Views on the new army book? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Views on the new army book?

Well, I looked through it and came up with the following:
    1 ) Shiny stuff - oh, the lamentations. It's gone.
    2 ) Animosity - 1/36 chance 2 units get tied up. same odds for extra move.
    3 ) Grimgor - reduced attacks, but reduced points. Yaaay! Da Immortulz are awsome! (one of my fears as i love him so much)
    4 ) Gorbad Ironclaw - BSB and general, with 18" range. Now when wounded it isn't reduced... ooohhh....
    5 ) Bigunz are now half price... Tempting!
    6 ) Spears are now "pointy choppas" - Waagh with exitement! (and waving spears about)
    7 ) What on earth happened to commands? They've all gone up!
    8 ) Trolls - cheaper.
    9 ) Snotlimg pump waggons - ? what extra equipment ? ? ? (maybe 2nd / 3rd wave release? take with salt there for my guess)
    10 ) The Aaaack Spider - Nice. Not cheap, but nice. You are very silly if you put a soft goblin hero on top.
    11 ) Spells - at first, i wasn't impressed at all. Then i re-read how they can be upgraded (well, mostly) to better ones
    12 ) Impact hit infantry... nice
    13 ) and, another huge fear, boyz - nowt wrong with them. Two choppas are cheaper
    14 ) N gobbos get free spears - horde anyone? Netters went up (well, it was kinda needed)
    15 ) Squigs are cool (shame they're metal)
    16 ) A couple more special characters - interesting...
    17 ) Snotlings got to throw "spore bombs" - but i'm still not feeling them at all.
    18 ) Spear chukkas may well break easier. care. just get loads of them then.

what else did you lot spot?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are some things I really liked, nothing i really hated.
    1) new goblin special characters, they are about 100 pts. can do some stuff and upgrade a unit of your goblin cavarly for free, NICE.
    2) the shiny stuff, only 8 items, but they are insane. a black orc warboss with the battleaxe can/might clobber a greater deamon. Or the armour, +d3 toughness WHAT?
    3) The giant has acces to warpaint. a bit of wardsave, might consider to field them again if I didn't spent all my rare-choice-points on awesome spiders
    4) mangler squigs... WOW, controllable fanatic until the first charge, 2D6 S6 armourpiercing hits. this thing eats cavalry.
    5) magic: big waagh spells can get extra strength. little waagh steals a dispel dice on a 5+
    6) "normal" trolls are special choices and cheap. can anyone say troll horde (sticking close to general and bsb.)
    7) the new spider. eats all light armoured infantry. Some smaller monsters. weak against: heavy armoured infantry, cavalry and high toughness monsters(don't rely on poison attacks)
    8 ) spidershrine, +2 to channeling and loremaster. a few lvl 1 shamans and you rule the magic phase.
    9) my night goblins are now a point cheaper. YAY
    10 ) char on giant squig can join a unit of hoppers.
    11) savage orc boar boys can have paired weapons. make em big'uns then each of them has a total of 4 S5 attacks on the charge.
    12) gittilla the hunter <-> attilla the hun.... ha ha.
    13) only orc warbosses can call a waaagh only once and only during his first charge. and even then it's still lame.
    14) NO waaagh spell, can't say I'm surprised by that.
    15) foot of gork template, laughs. but still, the spell is insane.

probably more stuff. but this is the main stuff.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I have in possession an Orc and Goblin Army book. I’ll just go over the things that have changed or are new. If you have any specific questions just ask…

Choppas:
    Orcs with this rule (all of them) get +1 Str in the first round of combat. This bonus applies to what ever they have, even magic weapons.

WAAAGH!
    Pretty bum. Basically +1 Combat resolution. +d3 for the generals unit. THATS IT!!

LORDS

Black Orc War boss - More expensive, (15pts). Immune to Psychology. Rest in the same as it used to be

Orc War boss. 5pts cheaper. Rest in the same.

Savage Orc Boss. +25pts. Gets the Wild abandon rule which allows him to use 2 hand weapons whilst mounted. Pretty cool.

Orc Great Shaman went down 20pts.

HEROES:
    Orc Bosses have dropped 15pts. BSB can take all equipment like Great weapons, shields etc.

Savage Orc Bosses have gone up 5pts. (so they’re 20pts more than a normal boss!)

Black Orc boss has gone up by 5pts. Immune to psychology as well though.

Gobbos are the same.

CORE:

Orcs. Still the same but 1pt more expensive. 2 Choppas are now 1pt less though. Big’uns are now half the points to upgrade!!!
    The Arrer boy boss is BS4. An Orc who shoots as well as an elf? That’s just funny.

Savage Orcs are the same points

Goblins. These are the same although they get skulkas and their equipment is now half a point!!! Commands are a lot more expensive.

Wolf Riders are now 3pts cheaper!!! Other than that no different.

Night Goblins. Come with hand weapon and shield. May replace this with a bow for free. May take spears for free as well. Fanatics are the same points although Nets are 10pts more.

SPECIAL:
    Black Orcs. Same as ever although they get Immune to Psych now. Grimgors unit (Da Immortalz) get +1 WS. Ws6 Unit champion??? That’s awesome.

Boar boyz aren’t different, just cheaper by 6pts. Savage Orc boar boys (3pts cheaper) can take 2 hand weapons which is cool. However, remember spears get +1 str on the charge if mounted. Plus the choppas rule so that’s str5 on the charge. 6 if they’re big’uns!!!!

Wolf Chariots. Yup, units of 1-3 and at 10pts less than they were before!!!

Boar boy Chariots are 5pts more for no real reason. Although Orc Spears will be str5 on the charge.

Trolls are special but we knew this.

RARE:
    Mangler Squigs. Mv 3D6, Str6, T4, 3W. You get to control the direction untill you hit a unit. Then, like a fanatic, you're placed 1" on the other side of the unit. They inflict 2d6 str6, Armour piercing, hits on the enemy unit. After this they travel in a random direction.
    Now, they sound nasty but they have a fatal flaw. If an enemy unit moves into contact with them (they can't be charged) they inflict 2D6 str6 hits and then another D6 Str6 hits. Then they die. Now this means a clever opponent will just move a chod unit, like chaos hounds, into the Manglers and then you die for no real gain. Other than that they die just like normal Fanatics.

Pump Wagons can be sick. Can upgrade it so it has +1 Str, Can ‘fly’ over terrain and can ignore armour saves on the first impact. That’s 2d6 str5 hits ignoring saves people!!! FROM SNOTLINGS!!!!!!

Big Spider. Would be great if it was str6 but it’s only str5 so it’s not amazing. Toughness 6 with 8 wounds. 4+ save. Has poison and can do ‘venom Surge’. Basically pick one of your attacks. This does D6 wounds if it hits and wounds. Can take the ‘flinger’. Basically a str 1(3) rock lobba but any unit it hits strikes last until the end of it’s next turn.

Stone Trolls and River Trolls cost 15pts less than they currently are. So they’re worth while!!!!!

Giants. 5pts cheaper. If you have a Savage Orc shaman or great shaman you can give it Warpaint for 20pts

MAGIC!!!

Spells of the Big Waagh!!

Gaze of Mork 7+ to cast
    Draw a line 4D6 inches long. Any model under the line takes a str4 hit doing d3 wounds. Can increase the range to 8d6. 10+ to cast.

Brain Bursta 6+
    Does a str5 hit on a model. 18” range. Can up it to 36” but becomes a 9+ to cast.

Fists of Gork. 8+
    Shaman casts this on himself. Gets +3 str and +3 attacks and a 6+ Ward

Hand of Gork. 9+
    Er Basically Gorks picks up and enemy unit and moves it 3d6 inches away, you get to choose where and the facing. You can up this to 5d6. Then it’s a 14+ to cast.

Eadbutt 9+
    Pick an enemy wizard. He takes a str4 hit causing D3 wounds. Range 4D6”. Can be boosted to 8D6” and casts on a 12+

Eer We go! 11+
    Any Orc unit within 2d6 inches gets to re-roll hits n wounds!!!

Foot of Gork.15+
    Rage 36 inches. Scatters d6. Anyone under a rather large foot template takes a str6 hit doing d3 wounds. You can boost it so it does the old Gorks warpath. That’s an 18+ to cast.

Spells of the little Waagh!!

Sneaky Stabbin 6+
    Range 12”. Gobbo Unit now has Armour Piercing. If you’re attacking in the flank or rear you get to re-roll hits n wounds.

Vindictive Glare 5+
    Rage 24”. Does 2D6 str3 hits. Can boost this to 3D6 Str3 hits for 10+

Gift of the Spider god. 8+
    Range 12”. Unit gets poison. If it already causes poison then it now causes poison on a 5+.

Itchy Nuisance 8+
    Range 24. Lasts a turn. Unit minuses D6 from it’s movement and Initiative.

Gork’ll fix it. 8+
    Range 24. Target unit must re-roll all rolls of a 6 to hit to wound and armour saves. Lasts a turn.

Night Shroud 9+
    Unit counts as in soft cover. Units charging his unit have to do dangerous terrain tests. Can boost it to affect all units within 12” 15+ to cast. Lasts a turn

Curse of da Bad Moon 15+
    Small template, travels 4D6 inches. After this it moves 3d6 inches.

Any unit touched by the template must pass a characteristic test. 1-2 Str, 3-4 Tough, 5-6 Init. Or take a wound with no Armour saves.

Can boost this spell to cast on a 25+. You use the big template and get to pick the type of cartelistic test.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 16th, 2011 at 17:27.

5. Thanksthetopcat84 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

my questions:

doublechecking: Do orcs pay the same for spear and shield as before?
    doublechecking: Did Snotlings really go up in price?
    lvl 1 ng shaman, did it go up 10 pts?

the oldstyle Gigantic spider for goblin lords/heros. Any changes?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

doublechecking: Do orcs pay the same for spear and shield as before?
    Yes they do.

doublechecking: Did Snotlings really go up in price?
    Yes they did. But they now count as swarms, not stubborn and have 5 wounds a peice. And 5 attacks asswell. Oh and they get a thrown weapon which ignores saves.

lvl 1 ng shaman, did it go up 10 pts?
    No.

the oldstyle Gigantic spider for goblin lords/heros. Any changes?
    Yup, causes fear now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Hey Borak, thx for update... personally been a bit out of the loop recently... job promotion got in the way of valuable warhammer time...

A handful of questions (some being rhetorical, many being stoopid):

Do Black Orcs continue to quell animosity as was the case for negative results previously?

Are Black Orcs still 'Armed to da teef?'

Do Savage Orc Boar Boyz really get to stack the Spear charge + choppa rules?

What WS does Savage Orc warpaint confer? Same as before? Can it stack with the parry save for choppa & shield?

Are Trolls now definitely special? Are Doom Divers the same in every respect and still Rare choices? Can I have both Trolls and Doom Divers making maximum appearances thus making me Waaagh myself to the point of orgasm?

Can I have another pint of Cider?

Can I retract the remark about Waagh-ing myself to the point of orgasm?

How glad am I that I kept almost all the spears from my Orcs?

How many Goblins did you have to send to steal the new book for you?

How many of these questions are you actually going to answer? Or to rephrase the question, how likely are you to humour me?

Thanks, TC

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thetopcat84 View Post
    Hey Borak, thx for update... personally been a bit out of the loop recently... job promotion got in the way of valuable warhammer time...

Do Black Orcs continue to quell animosity as was the case for negative results previously?

What WS does Savage Orc warpaint confer? Same as before? Can it stack with the parry save for choppa & shield?

Are Trolls now definitely special? Are Doom Divers the same in every respect and still Rare choices? Can I have both Trolls and Doom Divers making maximum appearances thus making me Waaagh myself to the point of orgasm?

How many of these questions are you actually going to answer? Or to rephrase the question, how likely are you to humour me?

Thanks, TC
    I would answer some more seriously, but i'm in a hurry, and spent my time answering the Waa-ing question, see link below and imagine a green face:
    5 Reasons Pigs Are More Awesome Than You - The Oatmeal

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in GREEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by thetopcat84 View Post

Damn promotions. You better spend that extra cash on more orcs.

Yes. They havent changed.

Yup! Plus they get immune to psychology AND are cheaper.

I'll quote what the book says................................ "Models with the choppas special rules gain +1 str in the first round of each combat. This Strength bonus is in addition to any other bonuses dor weapon, magic items, spells and so on. Only the model with the choppas rule receives this bonus, not any mount they may be riding"

6+. It doesn't stack with anything. Unless you take a magic item.

Just make sure you have plenty of tissues spare. Normal Trolls are special, doom divers are rare. Stone/River Trolls are rare.

Course you can. Mines a JD n Coke while you're at it.

No

Quite. Unfortunately for Stayscrunchyinmilk. He gave me all his

Just one.

All of them. As I'm sad.........

Thanks, TC

11. Thanksthetopcat84 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Rule for Stone Trolls? Has that changed? because magic resist was a bit pointless when they already had regen..
    - Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Still the same. 5+Save and MR2. MR is always handy incase you're up against Fire Magic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast