New Orc Boyz box - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

New Orc Boyz box

This has probably been discussed to death elsewhere, but, I just got a look at the new box of Orc Boyz and i'm deeply disappointed.
    I was aware that the model count was dropping from 19 to 10 models, but the rumour mill (aided by GW staff) suggested that the new boxes would include new pieces, such as Arrow Boyz arms etc...
    Saw the contents of the new box yesterday and it contains nothing new :/
    I wasn't expecting new sculpts, but, was expecting something seeing as the price has just nearly doubled!
    Anyone that runs an Orc based army is going to want a lot of Boyz, this makes the price of starting a new Orc army quite prohibitive now. 2 units with 30 Orcs a piece will set you back over £100 now.
    Luckily I stocked up with a few of the older boxes before the new releases (never really been intrested in arrer boyz and you can never have enough Boyz!) but I can see this effecting the amount of new players that O+G get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i got an extra box of 19 just to make sure i'l never be needing those ugly bastards again xD
    I know it's just my personal view, but i don't think these guys are well enough quality to justify the price, maybe they're working on new sculpts or something and raised the price to make us cheer extra loud when new boyz come in and save us!

Anyway, there's a limit to what i am willing to spend on core troops of this quality and that line has been crossed.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Good job I got all my Orcs already Even though most of my Orcs are 40k Orks with Orc arms n shields. No one has noticed yet though lol

As for 'will it affect New Orc n Gobbo players?' I'm not so sure about that. That's what everyone said when they dropped Guard squad boxes from 20 to 10 models and everyone still does guard. Maybe a little bit but if someone wants a unit of 30 boys they'll get them.

People will find a way around a problem!! Be it Ebay, unit fillers or the odd goblin sitting on another goblins shoulders pretending to be an ork.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; March 13th, 2011 at 15:28.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    unit fillers or the odd goblin sitting on another goblins shoulders pretending to be an ork.
    Now that has to appear in my re-built army...

...and anyone looking for a load of Orc boyz, I'll be selling quite a few in the next week or so... got enough Orcs to take over this World, never mind the Old World
    Last edited by thetopcat84; March 13th, 2011 at 15:54.
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I suppose it's a good job Mantic are doing Orcs next.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

another tip, look to buy the old school starter ed orcs on ebay/forums. These guys are mono pose with 2-3 poses but they still mix in well with your regular orcs (so long as you dual wield choppas). i ended up with about 50 of these guys and some arrew boyz too for very cheap.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by no1cafc View Post
    I suppose it's a good job Mantic are doing Orcs next.
    Yes indeed. Really hope they bring out a more varied range than their other sets though.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    another tip, look to buy the old school starter ed orcs on ebay/forums. These guys are mono pose with 2-3 poses but they still mix in well with your regular orcs (so long as you dual wield choppas). i ended up with about 50 of these guys and some arrew boyz too for very cheap.
    I have done exactly this. I cant imagine if i'd bought my 100+orcs at almost £2 a model. the new orcs boys box is a joke. Just ebay in general is a great way to be picking up very cheap models and helps you remain a classic hobbyist when gamesworkshop is trying to turn you into a 10 year old. Danger of rage filled ranting here... Lets avoid it... Oh no, still waiting for my new book... But then i am in south africa at the moment... shut up andre...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I brought up this matter with a local GW staff member, asking Why in the name of Gork, or even Mork, did this happen. The reply went along the lines of " Because the company wants to make all box contents round numbers for everything now."
    So of course my jaw dropped and replied, "by rounding DOWN from 9?" Lol. Surely they could have added 1 model, even pumped the price to £20, as opposed to 10 models, and keeping price same.

I'm just happy that I've recently been given a load of stuff by a friend who bought loads of Orcs last year and never built them, so theyre all mine now ^_^

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    OR mix with your shield boys, chop off the left hand weapon, add shield. voila
    I love my arrer boys - same points as a shield boy, same T and choppa, but stand and shoot, and shoot the rest of the time. I'd do a 40 strong horde if i could! - be careful, they rank really badly though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

GW are raly starting to dig there own hole here
    the new rules require you to have large blocks of infantry but then they pretty much double the price of everything

I was looking to start an orc army but if this is what they are going to charge then i will buy 2nd hand, other ranges or make my own conversions (12 goblin wolf chariots made from tooth picks, glue and chaos warhounds) which is what alot of people are going to do
    also any1 new who wants to get into warhammer or 40k is going to see those prices and think twice. i dont mind paying extra for new models and supporting GW but if they are just going to rip me off then i dont see why i should. and as for there excuse of "the models are more expensive due to inflation and the cost of the machines" well other companies are producing just as good a stuff as GW and for about half the price.

The front rank in each of my units will be new gw stuff then the rest will be old stuff mixed in with other ranges (gw staff will never know)
    Anyway if u want me to spend money stop robbing us blind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast