Fanatic/Mangler question/suggestion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Fanatic/Mangler question/suggestion

This came up during the huge Orc Vs Goblin battle I had at the weekend.
    A couple of rounds in to the battle there where Manglers and Fanatics causing mayhem all over the place.
    On a couple of occassions Manglers and fanatics met, we can only imagine the carnage that was created!
    After consulting the new rule book, it seems there is no specific rule to cover this.
    There are rules that say if a Fanatic hits another Fanatic they are both removed. The same is said for Manglers.
    We decided that it would be logical that Manglers and Fanatics coming together would also cause mutual destruction (and a great deal of mess).
    Would you agree with this rule or do you have other suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd do what you did- if both hit each other then they are both removed, of course if this 'strangley' happened inside a unit, that raises a whole new bunch of questions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luckily since you move them one at a time they cant meet in a unit..... but the mental image is still awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I just got this picture in my head of the mangler squig chomping down the fanatic, but the ball and chain keeps swinging round and round the squig, wrapping it up like a swing-ball before the ball finally smacks the squig in the face!

Tickled me anyway!

On topic: yeah, think they can both be removed as casualties... makes sense really...
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by thetopcat84 View Post
    ... squig chomping down the fanatic... the ball and chain keeps swinging round and round the squig, wrapping it before the ball finally smacks the squig in the face!
    Nice image!
    The legions of Palos[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=100375

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely remove them, even if they made attacks against each other, both are dead. Just like fanatics die when they crash, same here.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

but.. why not roll for the impact hits? i like rolling for impact hits.. the mangler hits the fan and the fan hits the mangler! WADZ WRONG WID DAH!?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think what would happen is that the mangler would take d6 wounds and the fanatic would bounce through him . unless the mangler ended his turn on him in which case he would take 2 d6 wounds and the fanatic would be removed .

mangler squigs are a unit and would behave just like any other unit hitting a fanatic . the fanatic though would not take damage and would survive unless the mangler landed on top of him .

might not make a lot of sense but this is warhammer and making sense is not required .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 53 of the army book:
    ""Any unit that moves into contact with a fanatic takes d6 strength 5 hits for moving into the fanatic"

Page 56 of the army book:
    "Any unit that moves into contact with Mangler Squigs takes 2d6 strength 6 hits for moving into the squigs"

Both take damage. Which basically means both kill each other due to the high strength attacks.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

+ Reply to Thread