Orcs & Goblins vs Stunties 2500pts. Tactics. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs & Goblins vs Stunties 2500pts. Tactics.

Hello everyone. I'm going to participate in a local league and the opponents in my group are Stunties(2500pts), Bretts(2700pts) and Beastmen(2700pts). With my current list (although i haven't tried it yet) I believe that I can handle Bretts and Beastmen. However, I have huge doubts about the Dwarves.

The list is the following:

Lords
    Savage Orc Warboss; Armor of Destiny, Fencer's Blades and Potion of Speed
    Savage Orc Great Shaman; Level 4, Lucky Shrunken Head and Sword of Battle

Heroes
    Savage Orc Big Boss; BSB, Armor of Silvered Steel and an additional Choppa
    Night Goblin Shaman

Core
    29 Savage Orcs; Standard & Musician, Big Stabba and additional Choppa
    29 Savage Orcs; Standard & Musician, Big Stabba and additional Choppa
    40 Night Goblins; Standard & Musician, 2*Fanatics and Netters, Spears and Shields
    10 Wolf Riders; Standard & Musician, Spears and Shields

Special
    20 Black Orcs: Standard & Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame
    10 Savage Orc Boarboys; Standard & Musician, Big'Uns, Additional Choppas and Standard of Discipline
    2 Wolf Chariots
    2 Wolf Chariots

Rare
    Mangler Squig

Unfortunately I cannot change the list so what I was hoping for here was some pointers (as i almost never played against dwarves). Another factor is his list, it is still unknown to me but I suspect that he's coming up with a gunline with 5 warmachines. Do you have any thoughts, vague as they may be?

Regards,

Niko

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

Well it would help if we knew some stuff about his list. Is he runing a gun line or just a hard dwarf horde?

If he is doing a gun line your going to want to take out his war masiens with magic ASAP sense you have no rock lobbers or doom divers. I would say as far as target priority goes Grudge thrower cannons organ gun. Other than that get across the bored ASAP and into H2H so he cant shoot at you. If he has the anvil i would say you pretty screwed.

If he is running a horde then use your magic to widle down his biggest unit and use the wolf riders to draw out the next biggest unit so you can get a flank. If you can use magic to pop the mangler to one of his flanks and then pop it all the way down his line.

Really it is hard to give advise with out knowing his list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a little bit of info. He has 20 Crossbowmen (not a gunline ) , 5 warmachines (no idea what these might be) and no anvil . The rest is close combat oriented. I may have a glimpse at the actual list but it won't be before later tonight and I won't be able to post it before morning.

There is another small problem... hehe i decided to take the bull by its horns and we're engaging in battle tomorrow evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok everyone, I got the enemy's list. It is the following;

Dwarf Lord (with the build that won't let you kill him! :/)
    Runesmith; Rune of Spell Breaking.
    Thane; Runic Armor
    Master Engineer

40 Warriors; Great Weapon + Heavy Armor, Full Command.
    20 Thunderers; Standard + Musician.
    35 Ironbreakers; Gromril Armor, Shield, Full Command with runic Banner.

Grudge Thorwer; Rune of Accuracy, burning, penetrating
    Grudge Thorwer; Rune of Accuracy, penetrating
    Cannon; Runes of Burning, Forging
    Organ Gun

So... what do you guys think? how do you believe i should approach this and where do you think he'll place the lord/heroes. I've never faced Dwarves in this edition and barely in the others. However, I'm not much intimidated with such a list. I don't know if I'm being wrong not to be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

The lord and perhaps the BSB if he has one will go in the warriors the engenre will probably go with the organ gun and and the other will get dumped into the iron breakers.

Take out the grudge throwers that is priority one.
    Foot of gork should do well.

To take out his generals unit your going to want to get you night goblins in his flank and savage orcs to his front kill him trew combat res.

other than that good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me give you a short battle report;

Turn 1 - Dwarfs
    Killed 4 - Wolf Riders with the Organ Gun.
    Some Savage Orcs from both units and a couple of Black Orcs with grudge throwers and thunderers.
    Cannon Misfired.

Turn1 - Orcs
    4 Units failed animosity. 2 rolled 1s and the others squabbled.
    Couldn't cast due to animosity.
    Charged the Cannon with wolf riders and killed only 1 crewman.

Turn 2 - Dwarfs
    Further killing of Savage Orcs and Blorcs.
    a Grudge thrower dismantled a single chariot.
    Wolf riders killed the

Turn 2 - Orcs
    Further animosity ruining my game.
    Chariots moved further up.
    Savage Orc boar boys ran up his right flank together with the mangler squig (that moved 5inches each round)
    Winds of Magic favored the dwarf again (rolling a 6 and 1)
    however Mork spat on my casting dice rolls and managed to burn his 'scroll' and 'spelleating scroll' without eating my spell.
    Wolf riders finished the last crewman (finally!!!!) and turned to face better for their next charge.

Turn 3 - Dwarfs
    Reformed the Ironbreaker's Deathstar to have a better facing for the approaching Boar Boys flank charge and frontal Savage Orc Charge. (which i was never going to actually do... those guys die hard and hit harder)
    with the cannon gone. The grudge throwers scattered but the organ gun brought the Blorcs to less then 10.
    Thunderers killed a couple more Savage orcs.
    warriors reformed to counter the 'approaching' charge from the blorcs and chariots.

Turn 3 - Orcs
    Animosity behaved and I've managed to better position all my troops.
    Mangler moved for another 5" ...
    The single chariot charged the Organ gun together with the wolf riders. Wolf riders stopped right in front of the warriors
    and the chariot annihilated it with impact hits, overruning into the grudge thrower right behind it.
    I rolled another 5 and 1 for winds of magic. I didn't manage to cast anything.

Turn 4 - Dwarfs
    Warriors Charged the wolfs which fled. He rolled a 6 and a 5 caught them but triggered my fanatics receiving 6 casualties.
    the last warmachine the GT killed a couple more Savage orcs. and the thunderers reformed facing the other approaching 2 chariots.

Turn 4 - Orcs
    Animosity decided the fate of the whole game as we did only 5 turns due to time restrictions.
    Night gobbos and 1st unit of sav orcs squabbled after rolling a further double 1 with night goblins.
    And the second unit of sav orcs moved forward.
    due to stupidity (magic forest and failing ld 9 with reroll) the mangler stood in front of my sav boar boys blocking their combined charge which now I had to do since the sav orcs were in range for the ironbreaker deathstar.
    magic phase sucked again.
    The single chariot ran over an engineer and into the last warmachine.

Turn 5 - Dwarfs

Dwarfs charged, i had to stand. Their short feet carried them enough to engage with both my units of sav orcs. Killed my BSB, and broke it's unit but didn't manage to destroy my fleeing unit. the warriors managed to mangle the generals body guard of sav orcs, broke them and due to the ill postioning (animosity didn't allow me to reform) rolled enough to reach my fleeing general and into the night gobbos flank.

The end of this turn was disastrous and since i had no other way of balancing the odds we terminated the game. Well maybe better luck next time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch... It seems like gork was upset with you, as everything that could go wrong did... Animosity and magic really got you. But i bet that the next time you play, it will be the total opposite, as is usually with orcs. Personally, i dont use boarboys and put the points into doom divers and spear chukkas. I find that weakening enemy troops from afar really helps with close combat later. Good luck next time!!
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

+ Reply to Thread