Some help please. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Some help please.

Well I am rather not pleased with the way you have to assemble your army, they are apparently using the old system of 25% has to be this 25% has to be this etc etc. Well to me that makes everything just ridiculous. Further more I noticed O&G Doesnt have much of a magic item list, wtf?

Now what I want help with is suggestions for an O&G army so that it is within the points limit for each area. However I want a few things, such as 2 orc shamans, a boss on boar with a spear, and one on foot with a big axe. The rest can be anything but try and keep suggestions in line with how a WarCraft Orc army might look. If you can even point to me good army lists that have some nice options that I can pick clean that will do as well. The points limit I want is 2000.

"To Triumph without Risk, is to Conquer without Glory!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I am seeing an aweful lot of lists that dont even meet the rule requirments based on the 25% point allocation nonsense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

How so?

here is a list

Lords

Orc warboss
    shield spear boar
    armor of detony crown of command

Orc great shamman
    Lv 4 book of asur

Heros

Orc big boss
    great weapon BSB
    Armor of fortune

Orc shaman Lv 2

Core

24 orc boys
    Full command
    2 choppas

23 orc boys
    full command
    extra choppas

30 goblins
    full command
    bows shields

Specal

9 orc boar boy bg uns
    shield spear full command flaim banner

2x2 wolf chariots

Rare

2 rock lobbas
    1 doom diver

There be the list hope you like it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I can't help feeling you migh have misread the armyselectionrules.. I dont see illegal lists. not 2010/2011 ones at least.

minimum 25% is core units,
    up to 25% may be lord
    up to 25% may be hero
    up to 50% may be special.
    up to 25% may be rare

If you want to field WoW orcs, how about savage orcs or black orcs with red skin -> Fel Orcs? (savage orcs if its Warcraft 2/3, armourclad Black orcs for WoW)

I use red skin Black orcs myself (Blood orcs) and it looks awesome!! or so i think =p

True there are not much extra magic items in the new book (athough we have plenty to choose from in the BR But hey! Orcs arent very good with magic items, they dont have the craft to forge it, and the ones they steal tend to break after a goblin tries to enhance it's powers.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Thats a pretty good list, that does help alot. One thing I am thinking of trying to do, is make the rock lobbers into movable catapults so they reflect the ones in the game better, so its a good thing you added those. But I am thinking of taking some minotaurs and turning them into taurens and using them as trolls, what do you think? I also thought of converting trolls by shaping there faces a little into berserkers. Unless anybody has a better suggestion. Also has anybody tried putting an orc boy onto a goblin wolf? How hard was it? I see the boar boys as wolf raiders. How good is the doom diver now in this book? I read alot of people using them but I thought there accuracy made them usless. Wouldnt it be wiser to take a giant? Than I could convert him into a 2 headed ogre like Cho'Gall Haha.

Hmm it would appear I have misread the rules. If it is 25% for lord and 25% for heroes I guess that fixes everything I had been seeing. I was under the impression it was 25% for all HQ choices. Which to me was absolutely insane.

Also TinyTim where did you get those magic items from that you listed for the characters? Also isnt having 3 rare in a 2000 pt list illegal?
    Last edited by wilddragon; June 2nd, 2011 at 07:42.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Disregard the last question in my previous message I have found the answer. I also tweeked your suggestion for an army list a little bit.

Lords-Stay the same as your suggestions just minus the book of Asurman so it stays within the points limit

Heroes-The Orc Big Boss stays the same as well, as well as theSshaman except, he gets a dispell scroll.

core-24 Orc boyz w/full command and sheilds
    24 Orc boyz w/full command and additional weapon

special-9 Orc Boar Boyz w/full command, sheilds, and big uns
    4 Trolls
    14 Black Orcs w/full command

rare-2 Rock Lobbas
    A Giant

Now here is the plan - The shamans will be Rehgar(slight converting needed), and a witch doctor(again converting needed), the big boss will be a Blademaster(converted), the orc boyz will be basic grunts, boar boyz will be swapped to riding wolves so they can be Wolf Riders, trolls will be Taurens(I will use converted minotaur models), Black orcs are just there for filler mostly, the rock lobbers will be converted into mobile catapults, the giant will be a 2 headed ogre like Cho'Gall from the 2nd Warcraft game. The only other hero the big warboss, while I would love to make him into thrall I just like the gorbad model so much I dont know if I can touch it other than giving him a spear instead of an axe. What do you guys think? I thought of taking something different instead of the black orcs and making it a Kodo beast but thats a lot of converting.
    Last edited by wilddragon; June 2nd, 2011 at 22:52.

+ Reply to Thread