Goblin command groups? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Goblin command groups?

the title is a bit deceptive so im gonna elaborate, i noticed that a champion for a night goblin unit is 1/3 the points of a big boss night goblin, so my question is, for anyone who likes having a command group in their goblins like i do in my spears,

do you guys use standard Champions or fork out 20 more points for something that pays for itself easily and gives your group not only better LD but a bit of a bite?

anyway counter arguments appreciated, i would like to fine tune my mainly goblin based army

2. Remove Advertisements

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

The only thing you should buy the Gobbo Boss for is to refuse a challenge with... coz you're not gonna spend those points as an 'upgrade' for an extra WS2, S3 attack...

A Gobbo Big Boss would def be a better investment... you could probably throw a G.Weapon on him as well for extra punch without losing much on initiative...

Ultimately, it depends on what the unit's for...

If you're looking at a tarpit unit, just take massed ranks with Hand Weapon & Shield and a Musician (best use of Gobbos imho)...

If you're trying to actually get the Gobbos to beat something up (lol) then you still need massed ranks, but take a Standard, Musician and at least a couple of Gobbo Big Bosses... but then you're in danger of spending as many points on a unit of Gobbos as you could on a unit of Savage Orcs (which are much better at beating stuff up than Gobbos)...
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

utrecht, Holland
    19 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

I have never gotten used to the fact that some units are better off without a full command. I just like the look of the three cool looking fellas up front especially when you use old models where everyone is in exactly the same pose xD

With a commandgroup being 30pts now, i just cannot justify deploying a champion.... il go for skulkas and big bosses but the champions are just not going to happen!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread