New to Orcs and Goblins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Orcs and Goblins

Hello, I'm just getting into WHFB and I bought my first army fully assembled, for a great price I might add. This is what I have:

1 orc shaman on a boar
    1 orc warboss on a boar
    2 orc shamans on foot
    1 night goblin shaman on foot
    2 orc warbosses
    1 night goblin big boss
    13 goblins
    25 night goblins
    21 night goblins with bows
    17 arrer boyz
    7 fanatics
    60 orc boyz
    20 savage orcs
    10 black orcs
    3 river trolls
    3 squigs
    1 squig hopper
    7 boar riders

Any comments on tactics, upgrades for the units, or what else I should buy would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

The first thing I'll do refer you to the Ladz in this section of the forums, who should be able to provide you with quality info.

It looks like a solid starting package - I suggest playing around with it a bit. One thing I will note is that you're going to need a lot of Night Goblins to make use of that many Fanatics (though I wouldn't try to use ALL of them - 3 in one unit is enough, really). You might want to look into some of the nasty O&G war machines like Doom Diver Catapults, as well as a few more Black Orcs (I know, they're elite, but 10 is still a bit on the small side). Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I place the fanatics in the night goblin archers regiment?

5. Thanksrothgar13 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can put fanatics in both goblin regiments, although you'll have 1 extra even then.
    The 13 regular goblins aren't enough to field in battle.
    I would try to add netters to the night goblins. Eventually you may want to enlarge the goblin units as well if you like playing them, though with all those orcs you should have enough core units for now.
    Get the army book, start making lists and playing games.

You may want to try out some war machines, or you could add more another squig herd, 3 more river trolls, or 10 more black orcs.

One strategy for you will be, tie up an enemy unit with goblins or boyz, then side charge them with the Boar Boyz. It might be usefull to put one of your boar-warboss with the trolls, or just try to keep them in range to use your general's leadership so they don't fall to stupidity too much. You can spread your heroes on foot among your units, or put the orc bosses in the 60 boyz and make one monster mob. I'd make either the boar-boyz or the black orcs Big'Unz usually.

You have lot's of wizards, so that should be fun.

OEW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should look at getting more savage Orcs or converting some orcs into savages. Night gobs are excellent little guys who can really work to your advantage when you throw some nets and a big bosses in them especially because no one expects goblins to do anything other than hold on to fanantics. Last week I held down a unit of sarus temple guard and a charging stegy with a horde of night goblins for two rounds of combat and only feld bc I failed both ld 9 tests (general and bsb right by). I would encoutage getting hordes of both savage Orcs and N.G.s. Play around with trolls too, they are better than people make them out to be.

+ Reply to Thread