My friend needs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend needs help

my friend really needs help. we've played 8 or 9 games with his orcs vs my high elves and he keeps losing is there any way you guys could give me an army list that he could beat me with he hasn't won a game
    this is what i usually play
    prince on griffon
    mage lvl 2 on foot
    36 spear men
    2x 10 archers
    10 lothern sea guard
    10 sword masters
    5 ellyrion reavers
    lion chariot
    bolt thrower

please help

Last edited by gobberlocks; September 21st, 2011 at 07:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

What does his list look like. For me i have never had issues with HE actually i don't think i have ever lost a game to them. Any how tell us what he uses and how and we can probably be more help.

As general advise with HE you want to get impact hits and lots of them So i would say goblin chariots and pump wagons. Other than that i would say Big blocks of savage boyz and a rock lobba or 2 and a caster. Foot or the bad moon spell can hurt HE pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he usually plays
    orc warboss boar axe of the last waagh or something like that
    orc big boss additional hand weapon
    night goblin shaman
    20 orc boys spears
    10 spider riders spears
    40 night goblins
    20 night goblin archers 2 fanatics
    20 black orcs
    5 boar boys
    3 river trolls
    giant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am far from an expert , but I would , probably loose the giant , add 2 mangler squigs,and a rock lobba for the same points . loose the boar boys or the spider riders in favor of goblin chariots , and beef up his core units with the extra points . same with the river trolls , i would probably run them as standard trolls and spent the points I save on more trolls or more orcs / goblins or even some spear chuckas to soften the HE up b4 he hits ., might be worth loosing the spear orcs in favor of shield orcs or extra choppa orcs . I have no experience with spear orcs , but the consensus seems to be in 8th that they are not as effective .
    his list has alot of toys and too few boys . he has expensive lords/heroes and monsters . with orcs go cheap and plentiful.
    and against HE bring something to soften them up b4 you get into H2H .
    what point value are you playing at ?
    more importantly what models does he have , is he bringing what he has

Junior Member GoblinKingDavidBowie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His list is actually better than yours. You must just be a better general than him.

The lists don't really matter. Tactics win the day every time. He just needs more practice and he needs to learn to be more shrewd.

The only thing I would add to his list is some wolf riders, but if you don't know how to use them properly to march block, etc. there's no real point

and he should have about 3 shamans not 1 imo

he should probably drop the boar boyz because they are over-priced imo

also he's probably grouping his units wrong. like the trolls should be one unit of 2 and another troll on his own so you can't just avoid them and his spider riders should be in 2 units of 5 not 1 unit of 10 etc

and he's probably trying to fight 36 spear elves when he should be blasting them to death with magic and arrows and march blocking them and itchy nuisancing them so there are only like 10 left when they get to his lines

but the list is pretty soild imo

there's so many variables it's hard to know.

i would suggest he's going too hard core killy killy with the characters when he should be focusing on lvl 1. shamans with dispel scrolls to shut your magic phase down

if he's that bad just give him a 500 point advantage on army creation. real battles aren't fought between evenly matched armies anyway

EDIT:

Went back and really picked through both your army lists. I have to say they are BOTH solid lists.

but I really can't see how this kid is losing to you, his list in nasty.

40 night goblins and 20 orc boys forming the center of the battle line

with the three trolls staggered across the front, two between the orcs and night goblins as part of the line and the other providing close support to the boys.

then hammers of black orcs and boar boyz to smash your flanks once he ties you up.

plus enough night goblin archers to make a thin screen across his lines to protect him from your archers while his spider riders kill them off and then take out the bolt thrower

I guess it's the Griffin and the magic supremacy.

He needs to get more magic to shut you down and he needs to take that griffin out early in the game imo.

send him this link:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Wa...rmy_Strategies

and tell him to get a couple of bolt throwers of his own

of course you're arming your enemy to kick your own tail, so it's kind of a weird situation...
    Last edited by GoblinKingDavidBowie; December 22nd, 2011 at 17:49.
    Dance, magic, dance!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Go snotlingstyle! pump wagons and goblin chariots! if anyone suffers from those, it's them blasted pointyears!

but like Ikken and GKDB say, his list seems nice allready.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Orc boys are bad, they won't punch their way out of a paper bag after the first round of combat.

Being a WoC/Skaven player with my most common opponent being an Orc guy, I've seen what works and what doesn't. His core needs to be savage Orc biguns with add hand weapon, with an Orc shaman in the unit that has the item that makes the whole unit have 5+ ward. There should also be a black Orc bsb in there to prevent animosity. Not sure what size you are playing but yeah. Also night goblins with fanatics, but he'll also have to learn how to optimally release them.

Cav is bad now, he shouldn't have any. He should invest in a spider and some chariots. He should have wolf riders and learn to block with them.

PS Shame on you... Ellyrian reavers? They are god awful for their point cost.

+ Reply to Thread