Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hello people, I´m working on a greenskin army and I´d like tp know what you guys think I should have in it. So far I only got 10 savage orc boar boyz, 20 savage orcs, about 80 night goblins, some fanatics and gorbad Ironclaw so there are lots of possibilities.
Therefore I come here to seek adwise and and visedom to you more experienced O&G players. What should I buy?? how should I build my army?? I am not going for a theme army because I got this hobby for the painting so I want to paint many different models. The only thing I know is that besides what I already got I´m going to add at least one doom diver, I love those ^^
so please, make a human glad and answer to this thread, Thank you for your time!!
some basic units that work well in most lists:
- Battle Standard. Leadership is an important factor in Greenskin armies so im a big fan of ItP units. The centre of the army is quite solid thanks to this BSB. Don't leave home without one.
- the doom diver, which youre allready going to get nice
- Pump wagon. Looks cool, very versatile, worth its weight in gold (and theyre heavy!)
- a mangler is cheap in points, can be very dangerous, if you get one, it could be nice to add alot of other stuff that wants to close the gap fast, so that the enemy wont know what to shoot at. (so having chariots/giant/pump wagons nearby increases his value)
- wolf chariots, 9 movement and impact hits make them excellent flankers, but the more you bring, the harder it becomes to manage discipline. Dont want one dieing goblin to set off a panic reaction through the entire flank. These guys are good flankers solo, but in groups they become very dangerous even head on.
- Trolls, they need to be nearby the Battlestandard Bearer, but they can be a very powerfull main combat unit. 6 trolls are a force to be reconed with.
- squig herds, i'd say these guys are the best unit in the book. Just a little bit of a pain to get a nice looking, big unit.
ok wait this list is going to be too long...
There are many ways to deploy greenskin, so in tournaments i see very different themes that work well. So in fact i'l just note a few units i would advise NOT to use, unless you find a way to use them yourself.
- Stone Trolls. They're not bad, but they are more expensive than normal trolls and not much better. best spend those points elsewhere.
- Squig Hoppers. Also not bad, but limited uses, and whatever these guys are good at, there are other options in the book that can do the same work, without their flaws.
- Snotling bases. Don't bring em. Don't.
- Spider Riders. Again, theyre not bad at all. but wolf riders with spears are cheaper and easier to use. Their higher movement is also pretty important for the job theyre hired.
maybe the more important question would be how to equip units you want to use :p
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
Okay thanks Digger!! I´m thinking of a core made up by savage orcs and orc boyz. also I'm going to use a unit of savage orc boar boyz as flanking unit and something else on the other flank, a unit of trolls maybe??
I forgot to mentioned that I accually have one mangler squig modell, though I'm not sure if I'll use it serious or just send it towards the enemy and see what happens xD
Wolf riders, are they worth it?? I like the models so I was thinking of using them as a between flank and center unit.
Not sure about squigs... I have to think about it...