General orcs and goblin help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General orcs and goblin help

Hi all, just recently got into orcs goblins and acquired a lot of them. And ineed a little help on the basics. How do you run goblins I've been told to run them 7 x 5. How do you run Orcs do u give them additional hand weapons or Shields, what kind of lords and heros do u use the special characters I've tried the slaughter but he didn't seem to do too well. I was also wondering how you how spider riders and wolf riders work and what do u equip your aracnarock with any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Hey frojoe!

im no expert on those questions there, maybe this can help a bit:

Goblins i deploy as deep as i can, so 5 wide and 8 ranks deep is how i usually do that. They can take a beating this way, while my fighter units are inbound to switch the fight into my favour.
    I have tried wider units and even horde formations, which can work out, just think a horde of goblins with bows can stand and shoot 20 arrows and then fight
    Unfortunatly all those dice end up doing little damage. deep formations is the way to go i say. keeps them Steadfast and hopefully with good leadership.

Orcs are nice aswell. How to equip them i do not know. The shields can have advantages in some situations, but the extra choppa is just too nice to pass up on, especially the Big'uns! They hit like a ton of Bricks in the first round of a combat. In the end i see both kinds of equipment used to good effect, so see wat you like best.

I have tried Azhag aswell, but he didnt really work for me either. I hear good stories about Ironclaw and Ironhide , seen some really scary black orc army score pretty danged good in a tourney..
    Skarsnik is a real powerplayer for gunline armies, otherwise hes just another fruitcake.

I dont like spider riders, sometimes I face an enemy with a large unit and he surprises me when they suddenly "jump" over a big building, but i dont use them. instead i converted all the riders into a forest goblin unit.
    Wolf Riders on the other hand i love those! a unit of 5, with spears, makes for a really effective fast cavalry unit. theyre cheaper than spiders and faster. And i think being fast is their most important stat in a goblin force.
    bigger units can work, but do they really add anything in bigger numbers? getting one of these groups into a flank, puts an entire army at risk, they can charge war machine crew and with their S4 charge (spears) they will win combat and overrun into the guys next to em. they can effectively take out gunlines, or small threats that are otherwise too fast for us. Bring a unit fast cavalry, or better even bring 2 units!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks digger
    A few more questions that you brought up. You mentioned forest goblins? I didn't see that in the army book. And I'm not sure on the ranks and steadfast how does that work with goblins? Also I didn't know spears give you +1 on the charge. Thanks for bringing that up ! Finally do u ever brig the aracnorc ( big spider with like 8 goblins on it , if I dint spell that right lol )

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Forest goblins are just the goblins riding the spiders, im sure you used to be able to field them on foot, effectively the goblin equivalent of savage orcs without the frenzy.

Steadfast, if you have more ranks than the enemy you are in combat with, and you loose and are forced to take break tests, you can do so as if you were stuborn. You can also use the generals Ld if he is within 12" so potentialy Stuborn Ld 7-9 etc depending on generals Ld.

+ Reply to Thread