Orcs And Goblins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help has arrived (Albeit a bit late :rolleyes: )

A black orc warboss is good - as he si a powerful fighter - a good general - and quells animosity. Good for sorting out the moral of your boyz! The 2 units of boys makes a good start - and maybe then consider a unit of arrer boys, they give a bit of covering fire and soften up enermy units. Goblins make up for some numbers, and a unit of 40 goblins with spears is an awsome site, and only 120 points + command! And why the hell not get boar boys, there a favorite amonst orc players as they hit so hard. Wolf boys can out flank and do all the sneaky un-Orcy stuff like that. Spear chuckers are inaccurate but cheap and can punch holes in units once in a while. You never know you may cause a panic test (and you never know thay might fail it). Of coarse by now your sure as hell gonna need a shamen - otherwise you'll get screwed by magic. A couple of D.scrolls can save your green skinned butt! A rock lobber can be effective. Try a unit of black orcs now, as you'll be approaching the 2000point mark. So get a lord. Warboss on wyrm, or a great shamen? You decide, either works. Get alot more basic boys and by now im sure you'll know what your doin

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking two orc boar chariots and a orc shamen and 30 goblins with shortbows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes orc boar chariots are nice. So are orcy shamens.

I'd give the goblins spears and sheilds amd have 40 of em. Run em forward safe in the knolage that you will outnumber them, and with like 10 gobbo attacks im sure you can kill at least one of them. combined with standard and rank bomus, that gives you [a great] combat res. Not bad for goblins. and the unit [is cheap]!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I don't do orcs and gobbos but they are a horde army. So the best idea would be to get lots of large units ie gobbos = 30+. Night goblins can be worth it if just for the Fanatics Night gobbos netters can be useful against multiple attacks enemy (-1 A). A fun unit is the Night gobbos squig heards, these are quite ferasome and if the gobbos is less than the squigs then you got loose squigs, so be careful!

Orcs can be very nasty and one unit can be upgraded to Big Uns. Gobbo and orc archers can be useful but I wouldn't expect them to do much (they have trouble hitting a barn door from 5 paces). Black orcs are fearsome and will stop your units from suffering animosity, as well as being great fighters. Savage orcs are great huge amount of attacks but Frenzied so be careful that they don't get drawn into a trap. As to boar boys try to charge them with a chariot, for impact hits and the support. But becareful they are out of range of the generals
    LD and this could spell trouble.

The chariots can be very good as you get 2 gobbos for 1 special choice. The orcs are better as they are much tougher and the boars extra S on charge can come in handy. The rock lobba is great against large formations as is the bolt thrower if both are on target then they can reap havoc.

The giant is great not only is it good against almost anything it's one of the funniest unit in the army. I just wouldn't hope to muich for it to reach enemy lines (it's a missile magnet), also be prepared to shout TIMBER!! if you want it to jump up & down. My fav artillery O&Gs have is the Doom diver (a goblin with a pointy hat and wings being catapulted into the air, whats more funny than that? WHHHHEEEE!&#33

Gobbo characters are very cheap. Stick one in night gobbo unit with mad cap mushrooms and fantics and watch the fun begin. The orc characters are great just get them into combat as quick as you can, with a good magic weapon and armour they will munch through alsmost any unit (Try the Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh!&#33 Now O&G magic. Some of the best spells in the game (Gork's Warpath, Waaagh!&#33 also the best miscast table in the game - Kabboomm!! there goes your Shamans head. For your Shaman give one the Ditto's Double Doin' Doo-Dahs, and make sure you have some dispel scrolls.

Some of the more unusual units can be very good. Take the Snotling pump wagon, it just moves and then keeps on going running over whatever's in it's path. You might what to think about trolls the are tough, quite good in combat, regen, and the vomit attack is good. The down side in stupidity, half the time they just stands there. This can be stopped by having a character lead them or nearby.

That's just about all I can think of. All I can suggest is to read through each unit description and see which tickle your fancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since none of you guys seems to notice, I'll point it out:

Starting with a Black Orc Warboss is impossible. He is a lord choice, and therefore can only be taken in a 2000 point game or more. You have to use a Black Orc Warboss if you decide to go this route.

Orcs are a great army. They tend to be generally kind of poor at shooting, so don't invest too heavily in this. In close combat, goblins will get mowed down, but they should do fine simply based on numbers. Orcs are great in close combat, and they too will generally have the numbers to help this out. Orc Boar Boyz are a great unit, and I'd always recommend putting a unit of them on the table under any circumstance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help waht should I do i have got 40 night gobbos today and I dont know what to do with them???? Spears or bows???? Look at my army list (its on the army lists forun amazingly enough) Help me Orc and goblin veterans!!!!

I think that he meant black orc big boss. What do u prefer gobbos wiv shields or bows???

Thanks alot any help would be great
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id say spears instead of bows. but either works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK any more opinions??? What kills more often??? Whats better???

Thanks alot DI

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give em spears. Put em neer the general, and with a bit of luck they'll at least slow the opponant down (For ages )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love gobbos they cheese just about everyone off and thats why I love'em
    DI

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast