Help With New Goblins List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can some Gobbo general write me a lists on this poll for a 500 point goblin army.
    It must include:
    1 Goblin warboss
    A regiment of Goblins
    A regiment of Night Goblins
    A goblin chariot
    A doom dive cannon thing

Try to make the regiments similar sizes to how many there are in a box set so i don't have to buy a second box and only use model from it.
    If this doesn't make 500 points add wolf riders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't have warbosses in 500 points.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, any Goblin hero will do but i'm not really into shamans or whatever the wizards are. I'd prefer just a fighting hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not exactly wise with goblins, but there you go. also, if you expect them to survive, you are going to need units that are more than one box.

goblin big boss, great axe, light armour, glowy green amulet 61
    40 goblins, muscian, standard, light armour, 132
    40 night goblins, musician, standard, 3 fanatics 167
    goblin chariot 60
    goblin doom diver 80

total 500

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,
    4 questions
    1. What does glowy green amulet do?
    2. What do fanatics do?
    3. Is there any chance of getting some missile fire in there (can the goblins have bows and would this be a good idea?)
    4. How many do you get in a box of goblins/night gobins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. glowy green amulet is like a super dispel scroll, in case you run into a magic savvy army. nullifies magic reall easy, but if you fail, you explode. not a big loss, big bosses suck anyway.

2.when someone comes close to a night goblin unit, the gobbos throw these nutters at the enemy. they move randomly, and do tons of damage to what ever they run into.

3. really not worth it for the extra points. you'd have to drop some goblins to do it, and that is never a good idea. espcially for really bad missile fire.

4. something like 20. if you wanted a small army, you came to the wrong place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could i have 2X20 Goblins and 2X20 Night Goblins? I think units of 40 are too big.
    What do the doom dive cannons do? are they good? should i use something else instead? what is an alternative?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblins are VERY bad in combat; W2, S3; and they will rarely kill anything without good rolls or fighting undead (saying you pass your fear test...). They need big numbers so they can get a big outnumber and outrank bonusin CR, so units of 40 are much better than units of 20.

Doom Diver Catapults, while I have never used one, I belive are Stone Throwers that dont have a blast radius...if you hit the unit, you hit. If you miss, you miss. I personally love the Rock Lobber (Stone Thrower), but I think Spear Chukka's (Bolth Throwers) are even better. You can save points by getting 1 Rock Lobber, or 2 Spear Chukka's (same point cost, still less than 1 Doom Diver). As I have never used one, I don't know if it is good or not, so my opinoin here may be completely incorrect
    Nik-Nak's Horde of Goblin Liberation
    W/L/T
    4/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you rank up a unit of 40? ie a unit of 20 would be 4X5 but i don't know how to do 40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I suggest you go buy a copy of the Orcs and Goblins' army book?

40 Goblins should imho come in a formation of either 4 or 5 wide, as this reduces the number of enemies that are able to attack your feeble Goblins, giving you a better chance of winning the combat due to your ranks + outnumbering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast