Any Good - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all i am an empire/ ork player and i have had no exsperiance with orks so far and i want to know is t a good idea to have 2 choppas or just one?

P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Play both and find out yourself. I always use two, but there are many advantages of only using one. You should know these, and so if you can't weigh up the adv's and disadv's by looking at the stats, the only way of finding out what works best with you is to play both ways.

If you're looking for experience I say I always go two because I use savage orcs so there is little point in taking shields with all the S4 attacks I recieve. With orc boyz the 5+ save could really come in handy and so one choppa would be better, for the points.

Overall the choppa charge bonus isn't as good as an extra attack so I beef up my units. If you're looking for cheaper units only use one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Actually if you give a Orc boy light armor and shield making him 6 pts, your getting a 4+ save in close combat which is HUGE. That gives the orcs staying power, and still get the +1 str in the first round of combat.

Compare that with +1 attack, with a 6+ save in close combat... if you don't get the charge your probably not looking at a lot of attacks back.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Actually, an orc boy tooled up as MouseC112 said would only receive a 5+ armour save. You do not get the bonus armour save for hand weapons and shield when using a choppa, as stated on p.6 of the O&G book under the 'Choppa' description.

In experience with savages and regular orcs, savages are always best of tooled up with additional handweapons and warpaint; regular orcs are best off with shields and choppas.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I agree savage=2nd hand weapons, normal orcs=shields, and normal big 'uns=2nd hand weapons. But wait... Light amor=6+ save Plusn a shield=5+ save how would you get a 4+ save at all? :huh:
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    Ultramarines:6/0/1
    Orks: 4/0/1
    World eaters:1/0/2
    O & G: 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

If fighting with hand weapon and shield, you normally get another +1 bonus to your armour save.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Not with the Choppa and Shield, I goofed! I usually just use Gobo's my bad :rofl: 5+ save it is! its in the army book
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread