Orcs with Bows - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orcs with Bows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs with Bows

I bought 2 orc battalions a few years back, so I have WAAAAY more orc bowmen than I could ever use. Actually I was at a tournament and people were like:
    Person: "what are those?"
    Me: "Orc Bowmen"
    Person: "Orc....Bowmen?... what are those? Did you make them out of other stuff?"

I know that no one uses them, but I try and use them in 2, 10 strong units that run out in front and draw a little fire and maybe return some too. I Just REALLY wish they could take shields. Then when they charged in they could be just like a combat orc.
    It seams like some people that dont know what they are will tend actually see them as some kind of a threat.

Is there any other use for them?
    Is there any way to give them shields? Hope Hope
    Or should I just clip off the bows, glue on some shields, and call them Orc Boyz with choppers and shields. hehe

"Theres always room for goblins"
    old ogre drinking song

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i have never used them but i have used night goblin archers , but most people would clip the bows and glue shields for some orc boys , then some would use like you are using in groups of 10 however some people use them as arrtillery protection in a long thin line of about 15X2
    "Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaGoblin
    I bought 2 orc battalions a few years back, so I have WAAAAY more orc bowmen than I could ever use. Actually I was at a tournament and people were like:
    Person: "what are those?"
    Me: "Orc Bowmen"
    Person: "Orc....Bowmen?... what are those? Did you make them out of other stuff?"

I know that no one uses them, but I try and use them in 2, 10 strong units that run out in front and draw a little fire and maybe return some too. I Just REALLY wish they could take shields. Then when they charged in they could be just like a combat orc.
    It seams like some people that dont know what they are will tend actually see them as some kind of a threat.

Is there any other use for them?
    Is there any way to give them shields? Hope Hope
    Or should I just clip off the bows, glue on some shields, and call them Orc Boyz with choppers and shields. hehe
    I did the latter option and no one knows the difference not even other O&G players
    Your knees are mine!

-Snorri, the war of the Long Beards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Most people will tell you to make them Orc boys with Choppas and Shields. I kinda agree since Orcs with Missile fire might as well be Ruglad's Boys. But 15x2 in the front could make and interesting front line. Kinda have to shoot at them or be annoyed buy the orc bows. And if you assault them, then get choppa's back.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread