Goblins in sieges. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblins in sieges.

Hey all greenskin players , i got the warhammer fortress for x mas and have built it . My friend who is a dwarf player has challanged me and he has got the fortress , i am assulting it and was needing to know what to take , plenty of artilery and goblins i think. but his dwarfs would be maxed out shooting so i may need some help in army selection.

"Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any kind of shooting that requires a "to hit" roll is almost worthless, as anything on the castle gets hard cover (-2 modifier from shooting). Now if you take stone throwers they can drop stones all day and are percect for sieges. But basic bows and the like are almost worthless, same with spear chukkas. Spear chukkas might be able to crack the doors, but I'm not entirely sure. The siege rules aren't the clearest things ever written by GW (and that's sayin something...).

For busting up walls, take big units of gobbos (50 or so) with battering rams and just go knock on his doors. His biggest advantage is that he has a wall, take that away, and he's outnumbered 2-1. But taking down a wall is no easy task, and won't happen early in the game. So don't take any cavalry, as it's useless and has no way (short of ineffective shooting) to even attack troops on the wall. That includes chariots. Chariots will do more damage to themselves than the wall when they charge it.

Oh, and magic is your friend. Magic missiles score hits, so don't need to hit the protected troops above the wall.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

dwarfs also have special molten metal instead of oil, you might want to watch that, and get plainty of cheap logs, battle rams are expensive. the doom diver will be cool to use as well.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I definitely agree on the stone throwers and magic... lots of magic if you can get the Big WAAAGH. Oh, and a DOW cannon may be in order... as long as you convert it to Orkyness!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    I definitely agree on the stone throwers and magic... lots of magic if you can get the Big WAAAGH. Oh, and a DOW cannon may be in order... as long as you convert it to Orkyness!
    Wouldn't it be orcishness in fantasy?
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Yep, it would. Some heavily armoured mercenaries just might work, also. (To get something elite to hack the opponent of the walls)
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Giants, Ogres and Trolls (alright, maybe not trolls...) might be useful too, especially in large numbers!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Example I meant on the DOW cannon. I utilize a DOW cannon and have conversions for it so that its crewed by Gobo's, and has Orc glyphs on it. That way I deem it Orky It may not shoot any better or worse but fits with the army. That's what i meant Orkyness.

Grammer wise: Wolf-pack, yea ya got me on the Orcishness point.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread