rugluds armoured orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rugluds armoured orcs

has anyone used them to great effect,
    ive used them once and they ended up killing more of me than my opponent
    and are they a special or rare choice, becuase when they came out they were special, but then for grimgors ardboys they are rare

lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

For Grimgor's Ard boys Ruglad's count as a rare, for Armies made from the Orc and Goblin army list they are a special choice. I have had great success using Ruglad's with 14 models in the unit. I usually deploy them almost all the way forward as they are going to be in crossbow range at that point. In addition, they are a wonderful unit to anchor the middle of the Orc line as neither orcs nor goblins make them run. It does help to have at least 1 black orc boss or unit close by.... because you really don't want Ruglad's failing an animosity test and shooting into your boys.... its not pretty if they do. Oh, and I love it when people crash into them thinking their just normal arrer boys, they are great in a fight!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah they are pretty good in a fight
    its just i read the rules and at first glance its pretty much all good, but then i thought about it, +2 to combat res thats cool, choppas are always good so i want them in combat, but they have crossbows so cant move and fire, so i want to use the crossbows to shoot, so to me they wouldnt be filling each role that your paying for, thing is the rest of my boys would run forward so they probably wouldnt see too much action are they worth it as a shooty unit (combined with other stuff dont worry, their just to break down units too big to handle)
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Playing a Dark Elf player (there are a lot of them where I play...) The unit did little. On the plus side they paniced a unit of 10 DE Crossbowman which reduced casualties and the DE player stayed away from them for the entire game because he'd heard they were 'Ard. Besides that they killed 3 pointy ears and forced a panic test.... they did look 'Ard though....
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The models are great and the crossbows can add some much needed strength to otherwise weak rank and file shooting. As has been stated already as well, they are pretty good in a scrap as they have choppas and heavy armour. Ruglud himself is no slouch either :p
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know bout them

They appear to be good in a defensive O and G list with magic heavy heroes.

But in an offensive orc army that requires the units to move foward then the 'ard boys lose most of their worth.

Their animostity chart isn't pretty ether
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread