Most fun I've ever had playing orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most fun I've ever had playing orcs

I had 6 goblin heroes...one great shaman and 5 regular. I know it sounds cheesy. I also had 6 fanatics. 3 in each of 2 30 gobbo units. It was a blast. The game ended in a minor victory for my empire opponent. The fantatics killed an elector count on a griffon, the griffon as well, and also took out both my units of night goblins. 2 of my shaman were bouncing around like squigs from miscasting. My great shaman killed himself. Overall a very enjoyable game. At first I thought my list might be a little cheesy. But then I remember the orc & gobbo miscast table. All he had for magic defense was one level 2 wizard with no dispell scrolls. (So 3 dispell dice). And even with that little bit of defense he got a victory. It was awesome. I just wanted to share this with other greenskin players who might enjoy/understand the hardships (yet enjoyable aspects) of playing orcs and goblins.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I played a 2K game with my balanced O&G army vs a savage orc player. I was a wondeful game with maybe 2 spells total getting through the entire game. I lost the game when my Great Shaman's head exploded! All in all a comical,and strategic game vs another orc player.... refreshing when you don't have to explain all your rules to someone...
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the fun of orcs, they're so random and when something bad happens to your army, instead of crying you laugh because it is a funny situation.

Man those fanatacis hit hard :o ! an elector count and grifin!

If you want to have more fun get a giant, those things are hillarious during games.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

I've been debating a giant actually.... just can't bring myself to stop using my 2 pump wagons in games. However, the terror piece would be fun... and jumping up and down on units that is.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm.... Pump wagons
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most fun i hate was not with orcs as such was when a disposible unit of night goblins worth 44 points beat of 3 units that including , swordsman , halbeders(how did they do that i dont no) and and small unit of knights it was crazy my goblins crashed into one unit after another beating them and running them down , they must have killed something like 450 points of empire models. another great time was when my giant ate a lone grey seer hiding near some woods and then effectivly walked across with 2 wounds letf and stomped and ate a whole unit of stormvermin and made alot of units run of the board due to terror :p ^_^
    "Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

44 points of night gobbos killed two ranked regiments of state troopers AND some empire nights :eek: !

How the hell did that happen :p ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used spells like fist of gork , gork'll fix it , and bash em lads to make them really powerful and have a ward save i didnt believe it myself it was hilarious , they unit took horrendouse casaulties by the time it had finished .
    "Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy putting my night gobbos opposite chaos knights or something similar, cackling, and watching my opponent try to avoid them because they're scared of the fanatics that don't exist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Most of my opponents have caught on that my 3 night goblin units have fanatics. What i've begun doing is not using fanatics in all the units and saving the points I've found that loading on magic and minimizing the fanatics actually gets kind of fun on the psychological side. Watching and opponent refuse to advance for fear of fanatics is really amusing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast