2 Victoies and a Draw in Lustria - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Victoies and a Draw in Lustria

Yesterday I was at the GW for the lustria campaign with my goblin hoarde. My first game was agenst a High elf army that I drawed becuase I would not move my goblins out from behind their hill into range of his Archers and he would not make them cross the river to shoot until turn 5, he was afriad to charge into a formation of 40 goblins with his 3 remaining silver helms. Victory points said it was a draw.

My second fight was vs. Lizardmen, almost the entire fight my goblins held back in 2 groups of 20, my Shaman was killed by the Skinks who would not leave the water hazard for a long time, My shaman mananged to kill 4 Saurous warriors first though.

My Ogres charged the saurous warriors later and killed 4 then overran them. The skinks killed 2 of the 4 but they then charged the skinks on the bridge and forced a retreat and overran. His Preist that was hiding under the water the entire time run off the feild becuase he saw the ogres take out the skinks.

So far my ogres did more than my goblins until this fight where I subed them out (bad choice) for my allies Dwarf Crossbowmen as alternate dogs of war.

This fight was vs. Skaven. Unit of Plauge Monks, Clan Rats and Rat Swarms. I used 1 goblin unit to bait the Plauge monks into postion then fleed them and used my other unit the next turn to charge their flank! I caused them to retreat and overran. The Shaman and Crossbowmen man the CLan Rats take 1/2 casualties and flee as well. Once I had my goblins who overran the Plauge monks force the Clan Rats off the table I won. My Dwarfs who were fighting the Rat Swarms were kept in CC half the game they were rearcharged but kept winning resolution, but when they were not they were unable to take down the Hight T Skaven hero, but managed to keep my Shaman alive another turn. Dwarfs are a solid bunch of units overall. When I get 1000 pts I will be using them for my 2nd Rare Choice, the Crossbowmen are also solid in CC, they did better than my goblins, they just did well becuase their Rank and Flank bonuses.

My team: Me (Goblin) & Sharon (Dwarf, really nice painting, better then the 'Eavy Metal Stuff). We have 5 Map territories.

Edit: I just found out I can't use dwarfs as d.o.w. lol.

Last edited by Osaria; July 6th, 2005 at 15:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

How many points are you playing? (you have 2DOW choices with the ogres and dwarves...not using pump wagon or cannon) Also this may be in the wrong section. Congrats on the wins though, Goblins vs elves are rough as you get stuck with the fear checks, and are stuck into walking into shooting.

Try using Norse Maruarders in the goblin horde instead of the dwarves.... its legal and works better.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    How many points are you playing? (you have 2DOW choices with the ogres and dwarves...not using pump wagon or cannon) Also this may be in the wrong section. Congrats on the wins though, Goblins vs elves are rough as you get stuck with the fear checks, and are stuck into walking into shooting.

Try using Norse Maruarders in the goblin horde instead of the dwarves.... its legal and works better.
    I subed out the ogres for the dwarves, they were only 575 point games. The fear checks barly came up becuase my entire army was way out of the elf line of sight, they were on the other side of a river with 2 hills bloking LoS on my side of the river (they were 38'' away) and my shaman was the only one to move close to them to use his magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Osaria
    This fight was vs. Skaven. Unit of Plauge Monks, Clan Rats and Rat Swarms. I used 1 goblin unit to bait the Plauge monks into postion then fleed them and used my other unit the next turn to charge their flank! I caused them to retreat and overran.
    do you mean that you won combat resolution, because they dont take panic tests, yeah i know its a shame we cant take dwarven units but still there are some good units available.

comgratulations on winning those 2 games though
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Dogs Of War of any kind are illegal in an Orcs And Goblins army.
    Your Ogres killed 4 Saurus, and he ran. How many Saurus was he using in that unit? He should have had at least 2 ranks left, a standard, and outnumber. (a draw) Or, if he lost, he should have been testing on Ld6 at least with Cold Blooded. WAs he just rolling really badly, or was the unit miniscule?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid
    Dwarf Dogs Of War of any kind are illegal in an Orcs And Goblins army.
    Your Ogres killed 4 Saurus, and he ran. How many Saurus was he using in that unit? He should have had at least 2 ranks left, a standard, and outnumber. (a draw) Or, if he lost, he should have been testing on Ld6 at least with Cold Blooded. WAs he just rolling really badly, or was the unit miniscule?
    Its started as 16 with full command but lost 4 guys to my Shaman's Brain Busta spell. Then later the Ogres charged killing 4 taking him to 1/2 number. They fleed about 3'' and I overran 9''. He didnt have his Unit champ anymore becuase my 'Eadbutt spell so his Scarvet Hero joined the unit, it died during the overrun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

You used 575 pts of ogres?? how many did you take in a unit since they are 35+gear each. Were these DOW ogres or ogre kingdom ogres? I've found the leadbelchers pretty effective in gobo armies.

Looks like you had a little bit of luck there during the two games, congrats on the 2 wins though
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    You used 575 pts of ogres?? how many did you take in a unit since they are 35+gear each. Were these DOW ogres or ogre kingdom ogres? I've found the leadbelchers pretty effective in gobo armies.

Looks like you had a little bit of luck there during the two games, congrats on the 2 wins though
    No I used about 320 pts of Ogres, 575 was the max points I could use. They were Ogre Kingdom Ogres.

+ Reply to Thread