Snotling Swarms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snotling Swarms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snotling Swarms

Today or tommorow I'm going to the GW to buy some Snotling Swarms. I'm buying 1 blister and am going to make 3 baes from it (6 snotlings per base, every pair gets 1 Atk and 1 W) I dotn have a spare base though and I'm not going to buy an entire bag of bases for 1 40mm base so when I place my bits order I'm get it.

But anyway is 3 snotling swarms enouph for now? I am pritty much just going to use them to hold up enemies so my goblins can flank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I typically use 4 snotling swarms, comes out to 100 points which is wonderful. They work especially good in night goblin armies as a screen for the fanatics. Plus 4 stands is 12 wounds? plus unbreakable.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like said earlier snotling bases are very good at holding up units, although there not something you should care about, do what i do if i have snotling bases....

let them play out there selves, or if your still not satisfied, on your first turn let your snotlings go while you hold back your other army thus there very good for screening and holding up units, and a very good tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

well from your originaly question of 3 swarms enough, I would say no. that gives you 9 wounds at toughness 3, not very good. That's easy to wipe out with a good spell. I'm a big fan of at least 4 stands, tends to last at least 1 round of combat, or be able to take at least 1 round of shooting/magic hits. That 1 round is usually enough to get into better position to throw fanatics through the snotlings.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Nottingham (yes, thats right, home of GW!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

snotlings are just the best thing in an goblin army. they are the most colourful and intersting unit available. i used just two bases against a ogre hunter, and got it down to 1 wound before they snuffed it. it was out of the game for 3 whole turns just trying to deal with 50 points worth of my army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 4 bases would be perfect amount. I really wish they were not 0-1. I would use 5 units of them in my magic army to tie up cavalry while I drop mad spells on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't played alot of my O&G army in this edition, but i've generally found snotling bases to be a bit over priced. I mean they just die so easily especially to shooty elf armies. However, i am torn because i love the idea and the models, however i usually field a very orc heavy army and i have trouble finding a role for them.
    "I love this job more than I love taffy, and I'm a man who loves his taffy."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Knight
    I think 4 bases would be perfect amount. I really wish they were not 0-1. I would use 5 units of them in my magic army to tie up cavalry while I drop mad spells on them.

what ever happened to snotling armies, if they are 0-1 how can you make it. i got a friend that has a snotling army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The snotling army list is an alternative list at the back of the army book. In this list snotlings are not 0-1 anymore!!! However, you must ask your oponent if you wish to use this list in battles and I don't think that their eligable for tournaments.

+ Reply to Thread