Grimgorz Ard' Boyz Elp' against dem Brettonians. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grimgorz Ard' Boyz Elp' against dem Brettonians.

Hey, i play a Brettonian opponent reguarly but im having problems getting past his armour save & much evil movement phase. My Orcses need elp' fast or me lads iz gunna get squished!

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

1. Get a few stands of snotlings with minium required per unit.
    2. Send them out in front of your army.
    3. Hold back boyz a bit behind the snotlings. Leave room for knights to overrun the snotlings and not be able to contact your Boyz.
    4. Knights charge Snotlings and kill them ALL in the charge. Knights then must continue there FULL remaining move.
    5. Charge Knights setting there in front of you.
    6. The Brett long "Lance" formations should get you some flanks to charge.

Also, beat on them with Bolt throwers as they approach.

This is Cheap in points and Dollars to get on the field.
    Last edited by Romulus; August 16th, 2005 at 23:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Ok, at home and looking at book. Grimgor can't use Snotlings, but a unit of 10 orcs is 50 points and will do the job as well. Spread them 10 wide and with any luck they will block two of his units from being able to charge your main units.

You need something cheap that can be killed by those heavy horse.

Or something fast that can flee out of the way.
    Last edited by Romulus; August 17th, 2005 at 00:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Let's look at the situation realistically here. I assume you're talking about the dreaded Brettonian Cavalry Steam Train, right? If so, then the first step here is knowing your enemy.

- All Brettonian players will spend their first turn in prayer and then come after you, taking 2 turns to reach you. So, combat will be joined on turn 3, 4 at the absolute latest if they have manouvered badly.

This means, that if you have taken a blend of war machines and magic, you will be able to cause some serious damage over the space of three turns! Remember, all warmachines allow no armour saves, only their 5 or 6 plus Wards will be able to save them. Magic will cause attrition as well through the volume of wounds, despite allowing modified armour saves. Concentrate your fire on one unit at a time, and they will eventually panic off the table or be obliterated.

In addition to this, it means that you have 3 turns to manouvre your units into effective positions. Support your infantry blocks by setting up flanking positions with your chariots and boar boyz. Draw out the opposing units by having one unit well in advance tempting errant knights to charge and falling back, only to regroup closer to your lines.

Finally, in combat, don't forget your bosses are the best fighters out there! Challenge the unit champions and get valuable overkill points in your favour! Your boyz should be able to hold up to the charge if you've brought 25+, this should especially be true if you've invested in a BSB to re-roll break tests should you need to take one. If you hold for the turn that the cavalry charge, you've won the combat, because in the following turns, you will make minced meat out of them, and remember, if you have flanking support waiting in the wings, that will make the following round all the sweeter for you!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

well i play brets, so these are the tatics id use against myself.

i would take a unit of wolf riders with musos for each unit of knights that the brets have. i would screen the army, making so that if they want to charge, they have to charge the wolf riders. flee from them, then counter charge with infantry. fleeing from charges is the key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonjordo
    well i play brets, so these are the tatics id use against myself.

i would take a unit of wolf riders with musos for each unit of knights that the brets have. i would screen the army, making so that if they want to charge, they have to charge the wolf riders. flee from them, then counter charge with infantry. fleeing from charges is the key.
    for the last time its grimgors ard boyz NO GOBBOS not never not now not later okay, so your wolf rider idea wouldent work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Adding to my idea.....Take 10 Arrer Boyz. That way you can get off 10 shots on the incoming charge and maybe take a knight or two down with some luck.

Doesn't Grimgor "Always Strike First?" He could cut down several of the knights on the charge as well. Assuming that "Always First" is before resolving chargers attacks.

+ Reply to Thread