Choppa Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choppa Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choppa Question

Good day,

Choppas render a +1 Str on the charge for foot powered moderls provided you only use a single choppa. What if I equip all my orc with additional hand weapons then just declare i'm just using one on the charge to get the +1 bonus and just use the other the succeding rounds? is this legal

if so this would be a good help at taking down armored or high toughness.

Any response wuld be deeply appreciated. tnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya u can do that.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Actually part of it is correct. You can take the E-HW but before whoever attacks in the first combat round you must declare what weapons are being used and these muct be used for the entire combat, no changing. So you would be using only the choppa and not both weapons as you elected to use only the choppa in the first turn, sorry.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't is state in the rule book that you may switch weapons the nest round provided you state it at the very start before any rolls are made.

Like if you charged with a spearman with spears (obviously hehehe), a shield, and a hand weapon. If i charge the first round i can declare i'll be using the hand weapon to get the additional +1 AS bonus. the next round, if i get stuck in combat, i may switch to spearsand forfiet the extra +1AS bonus but get to fight in two ranks.

So i was thingking this could also be applicable to a charging orc with additional choppa/Handweapon. Charge with single choppa attack for the +1Str charge attack. then if i get stuck, i switch to additonal handweapon mode to get two attacks for using and additonal handweapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know either. The other day, some silver helms charged me with lances and in the next turn swapped to handweapons to get a better armour save. :confused:
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz (Musician: 1803 - 1869)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MuyMuy501
    Doesn't is state in the rule book that you may switch weapons the nest round provided you state it at the very start before any rolls are made.

Like if you charged with a spearman with spears (obviously hehehe), a shield, and a hand weapon. If i charge the first round i can declare i'll be using the hand weapon to get the additional +1 AS bonus. the next round, if i get stuck in combat, i may switch to spearsand forfiet the extra +1AS bonus but get to fight in two ranks.

So i was thingking this could also be applicable to a charging orc with additional choppa/Handweapon. Charge with single choppa attack for the +1Str charge attack. then if i get stuck, i switch to additonal handweapon mode to get two attacks for using and additonal handweapon.
    In both cases, you're wrong. The model needs specific special rules (Like a Bretonnian character with a magical sword and a mundane lance) to be able to switch weapons in between combat rounds.

The normal practice is that, no matter what, you declare what you use and are stuck with that for the entire combat, not just that one round.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Does a Choppa count as a Hand Weapon and give the +1 Save bonus? ie....on foot with a shield and hand weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aegir
    I dont know either. The other day, some silver helms charged me with lances and in the next turn swapped to handweapons to get a better armour save. :confused:
    that guy cheated you. mounted models don't get the +1 bonus, i believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

@Aegir
    He cheated.

The Parry rule doesn't apply to mounted models:
    "Fighting with a Hand Weapon and a Shield

If a warrior on foot fights with a hand weapon and shield, he may increase his Armour save by a further +1 in close combat."

Clearly, cavalry is not mentioned by the rule.

@Romulus

No, Choppas do not count as Hand Weapons for that purpose. Check the Orcs&Goblins army book. In the beginning, the special rules for Choppas are listed.

@MuyMuy

"At the start of the first turn of a combat, troops can choose which of their weapons to use. Whichever weapon they use must be used for the entire combat. Eg, troops armed with Great Axes may opt to fight with their swords if they do not wish to suffer the penalty of striking last, but must then fight with swords for the duration of the entire combat."
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I see. thanks for the help. it would have been nice though if they were able to switch, but well thats just how things are. hehehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast